Monday, January 15, 2007

Cloth Diapers


With Matthew I decided I wanted to give cloth diapers a try. While I was pregnant, I did all kinds of searching online and reading about all the different types of diapers. I even had a personal consultation with the only person I know who uses cloth diapers.

Bart was a little sceptical about the whole thing, but agreed to give it a try. Once Matt was born I was a little apprehensive about using the stash that I had collected over the 9 months he was in the womb. We got sent home with disposables from the hospital, so I just used those at first. Once they ran out I promised myself I would dive right into the cloth diapers.

I did and I haven't looked back since. We love cloth diapers. I say we because I love them, Bart even loves them, and I am sure that Matt loves them. They are soft, colorful, great for the environment and for baby, and eventually they will be great on the pocketbook. One night I found Bart, who was very leery of trying them at first, looking for a diaper to match Matthew's pajamas he was putting him into. I think he is converted.
There is just something so satisfying about putting those diapers on that cute little baby bum.

Here are some great links to check out if your interested in cloth diapers (my absolute favorite diapers are fuzzi bunz by the way):


No comments: