Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Love that laundry



I truly have a love/hate relationship with laundry. I hate how long the entire process takes- gather the clothes, take them downstairs, sort them, wash, dry, fold, then put away. The putting away is one of the hardest for me to do. I seem to always have stacks somewhere that need to be put away, and thankfully I have a husband who must know how much I dread this task (or maybe he is just tired of looking at them) that puts them away.

The part of laundry though that I love is folding. My mom is the best folder and we always joked that she should get a job at the Gap just to fold their clothes. Our shirts were always folded so neatly. Our pants folded so perfectly. I guess, as a child, one of the many ways I felt my mother's love was everytime I pulled a clean shirt out of my drawer. I think this is why I love folding laundry. There is this sense of love that I get for my family as I fold their clothes. I love taking the time to look at, smell, and feel their clothes. I like thinking about how good this shirt must feel on them, or how much they love those pants, or how good my husband looks in those jeans. It makes me happy and makes me smile.

Thanks mom!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Farrah,

I like you always have stacks of laundry everywhere.