Saturday, March 10, 2007

Gone Fishin'

I used to hate fishing season. It meant that I didn't see my husband all day on Saturdays. By not seeing him, I mean he was gone before I woke up in the morning and didn't come home until early evening. I dreaded him being gone all day and I would pout for a few days afterwards just to make him feel bad for leaving me. I never wanted him to go and I made sure he knew it. Pathetic, I know.

Well, that all changed last year. Gabe was finally old enough to go the entire day with him. What did that mean for me? A day all to myself! Now, I encourage fishing. I even willingly pack them a lunch. When Bart asks "Is it okay if I go fishing next weekend?" I suggest, "Why not this weekend?" When he says "We'll be home by 2 p.m." I say, "Stay until 5! Have fun; enjoy yourself. Don't worry about me." And this time I really mean it; don't worry about me. I will be just fine.

Fishing season has started again and I can't wait until Matt is old enough to go. Did I tell you this is why I want all boys? Not that my girls wouldn't fish, but as a boy it will be expected of you.

I am really happy that my boys have such wonderful thing to share. And they go with Bart's dad, so they get time with Grandpa too. I can't imagine how priceless the memories will be. Here are some pictures from their excursion today. They are the cutest guys? Gosh, I love 'em.

4 comments:

Clinesville said...

could I have my boys go too?

Allyson said...

Those are cute pics. It is nice to have a day to yourself. I am sure Matt could go now. Just strap a life jacket on him.

Unknown said...

Coren- Sure, your boys can go! Just send them over here at 5:30 a.m. Saturday. Drop them off on the porch and run. Bart will have to take them then.

Ally- Do they make life jackets that small? I will have to think about that one.

Anonymous said...

Nana likes Gabe's haircut!