I have been a little sick the last few days. Which means I have been laying around in my pajamas, watching movies, having Bart wait on me, and doing basically nothing. I know all of you are saying, wait, she must be sick all the time because that sounds like her everyday.
Really though, I was reading the newspaper for the second time today and came across the NYT crossword puzzle. I thought, hmm, something new to do. Now, let me show you just how smart I am. The first one I got: Number 14 across- One lost through divorce- five letters, do you know what it is? INLAWS. Alright, I am on a roll.
Next clue, oh, don't know that one. Next one, not that one either. I went through almost all of them and felt so dumb. I don't know any of these. My next step. Ask Bart. He answers one; looking up only briefly from the sports page. He isn't going to be much help.
Next step. Google it. Is it cheating if you Google the clues on the crossword puzzle? Does it defeat the entire purpose of doing one? Or is it brilliant? Yes, that is it. It IS brilliant! A new way of challenging ourselves in this modern age of technology with information at our fingertips. I thought it was quite resourceful. I am smart after all.
What a GREAT idea. Someone should make a crossword puzzle, where you can only find the answers by searching on the internet. Oh, now that is a crossword I can do.
By the way, I almost MOLDERed under the pressure- 38 Down- Crumble.
1 comment:
I was pretty good at crosswords, until I tried doing the new york times crosswords, and because of them I haven't picked up a crossword in 6 months. It was a big blow to my ego.
Sorry you're still sick, hope you get better soon.
Post a Comment