Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday Confessions

I didn't get around to doing Sunday confessions on Sunday (you will find out in a minute why) so I thought we should do it today.

  • Where was I Sunday night? Why wasn't there a confessional? Well, we went to the drive in movies. We drove 45 minutes to get to this theatre, to sit in a hot car with two crazy hungry kids, and to get to semi-watch two movies and not get home until 12:38 am. Really though, it was a lot of fun. Especially once the boys went to sleep.
  • That leads to my other confession. Okay, deep breath, here it goes: We let Gabe watch a movie we shouldn't have. He watched the Simpson's. The reason he shouldn't be watching it are two fold- 1. It is rated PG-13 and 2. Bart grounded him from watching it a month ago. Why was this a punishment when he shouldn't be seeing it in the first place? I don't know, ask Bart. It is kind of like telling a 5 year old kid, "You know you weren't supposed to flush your sister's gerbil down the toilet! You are grounded from driving the car!"
  • I went and took a nap this weekend while my sweet husband worked hard cleaning out my disaster of a craft/laundry room.
  • I am contemplating getting rid of my puppies. They are driving me crazy! They chew on everything they are not supposed to, no matter how many chew toys we give them. Yesterday, they knocked over the trashcan out back and ate a diaper and I didn't stop them because I was so mad. Than I left the mess for Bart to clean up
  • Baby Matt is about to make me lose my mind. He won't stop crying. I know he doesn't feel well, but come on I can't even go to the bathroom! He has been standing here grabbing at my legs and screaming while I type this post. I better stop ignoring him now.

Okay, now let me know what you need to get off your chest.

6 comments:

The Acosta Family said...

Yesterday I took a 4th vacation day. I was suppose to be catching up on my accounting and paying bills. I paid one and then decided I didn't want to do anything else. I spent the day lounging around doing nothing.

Farrah,
I don't know how you can handle the baby and 2 puppies. Did you go to the drive in in Ennis? I have been wanting to go.

Clinesville said...

*I can only handle about 2 hours of my kids, after that I lose my mind. I don't know how I handled them all day long every day. Oh, wait I do...I was Crazy!!!!
*I can't stand to look in the mirror anymore, I feel so ugly and fat. It's really quite sad.
*I haven't really cleaned my house in about 2 weeks.

Megan said...

*I still want to be camping with my family. We had a great time. I don't want to get back to life. I haven't gone grocery shopping or done our stinky campfire laundry since we've been back. I don't want to say goodbye to our weekend yet, so I'm not doing anything.

*I gave my kids mint ice cream last night after dinner. But for me, I made a super yummy treat with crushed up oreos and chocolate syrup. I didn't want to share with them, so I waited until they went to bed. Mmmm....that was good. Maybe I'll make that for breakfast too.

*Instead of working more last night after my kids went down, I started the book I got yesterday at the library. I took a nice break from working over the long weekend and I don't want to start up again. Of course, now I'm behind and have to catch up today.

Kathy said...

At least once a day I lock myself in my office so I can read blogs or watch a favorite tv show I have missed. I wont let them come in. When they start screaming & pounding on the door I go out and help them & come back in & finish.

Since Steve started teaching seminary I have to help him with everything, everything, it seems he only has time for work, seminary and a few other things. i want my husband back.

I want to take a trip (maybe take one of my kids, by themself some where fun.

Anonymous said...

i actually really hate our gerbils-
JUST KIDDING.
I can't think of anything else to write though. I guess I am perfect.

i am sure i will think of something and come back later to share.

Allyson said...

I hope you had fun at the drive in. We have one by our house but we never go anymore cause they don't start until it gets dark and then they play 2 movies and I can't even stay awake for the first one.

Between Kristy and her buying Tia a pet and you letting Gabe watch the Simpsons movie, my kids are really going to hate me.