This is one of those things I do because it was one of those things my mom did. There is no other reason. We aren't sensitive to smell plus they now make the scent free kind. I do know it as a way to save money.
Maybe this was the true original reason my mom did it. I don't know, (mom feel free to chime in) but it works for me. I get twice the use for the same price and my clothes know no difference.
When I buy a new box, the first thing I do is open it and cut all of those sheets in half.
12 comments:
Are you talkin' about me? Ok, I am sensitive to smells. When my dryer wasn't working and I took my clothes to my neighbors house to dry the smell of their dryer sheets that was left over in their dryer (i took my own unscented ones over) made my clothes smell so strong I couldn't wear them because they gave me a headache.
I do the same thing too! My friend made fun of me once for it but really, 1/2 the sheet does just as good and the whole thing. When we were really struggling for $ I cut them in 1/4's. That worked fine too. I wonder why I don't still do that? I guess because cutting them in 1/2 is easier?
That's funny!
Guys dryer sheets are like a dollar..I know you can afford that!
Hey! If you could buy a box of 80 dryer sheets for $3.00, or a box of 160 of the same brand for $3.00, which one would you buy?
I'd buy the one that has the least amount of hassle.
Good idea! I'm always trying to get better with my money. Rudy would love me to be more frugal. I'm going to cut mine in two now.
Hhhhmmmm... I always throw 2-3 in every load. I guess I am doing it wrong!
Diana,
It seriously takes two minutes to do. And than you don't have to do it again for a very very long time since it lasts twice as long!
Plus Diana, you are doing laundry right now for 2. A box of dryer sheets probably lasts you a good year or more. Just wait until you kick your loads of laundry up a notch or two.
OK! I will chime in. I have cut dryer sheets in half for 25 years. It works better, your towels are more absorbent, less scent on clothes, saves money, and I just got in a habit of doing it that way. We did have hard times when you were little when we counted our change to buy milk, so it also made sense to only use a half if it worked!
Love,
Mom
I remember when Bart was on his mission, you bought the same detergent and fabric softeners that his mom used....so your laundry would smell like him. :) Good tip on the softeners though. Sounds like it saves money too!
You aren't supposed to use fabric softeners on towels. It makes them less absorbant. It makes me crazy to go to someone's house and try to dry off with a towel that has been dried with a fabric softner. But I love you all anyway!
Also, just another tip. I don't remember what I was watching, it was a long time ago. I saw someone talking about how they tell you to use more detergent then you need so you will have to buy more, and actually just a fraction of the detergent they tell you to use is all you really need. I use about 1/2 of what it says on my laundry detergent.
Post a Comment