Wednesday, November 05, 2008

{RECAP: THE ELECTION}

The last month has been a little bit crazy. I am going to try to catch you up today working from most recent to the past.
Last night we had an election watching party. We each filled out an electoral map and choose who we thought would win each state (I won by the way). The night was full of excitement, stress (not for me as I wasn't even a little worried because I knew how it was going to end) and good food- steak, baked potatoes, cobbler and bluebell ice cream.

Here is a picture of Matthew cheering when Obama won Ohio.


{RECAP: HALLOWEEN}
Gabe was Indiana Jones and Matthew a lion. I made the lion costume when Gabe was Matt's age with the help of my mom- so many sweet memories are associated with that costume.



We went trick or treating with a group of friends, came home put pajamas on all the kids and sent them upstairs to watch movies. Meanwhile, the adults played a game which turned into a crazy drunken hot tamale fest. (Coren's 8 year old son came down and saw us laughing, having fun, and eating hot tamales. He told us we were all drunk on hot tamales- no alcohol was involved)


4 comments:

Allyson said...

Sure, you just gotta rub it in that you had bluebell. Whateva!

The boys are so cute. I love the Indy costume.

Clinesville said...

Those kids were so stinking cute!
I have to say we were a little drunk off of the hot tamales...but let's never speak of it again.

The Sabins said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Your kids costumes are just TOO cute.

I love your Halloween night party idea and next time I'm going to steal it!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Gabe wore the lion costume, it brings memories to me too. BLW Matty looks just like Gabe did!

Nana