Tuesday, February 27, 2007

intrigued


I am so intrigued by people- normal people, famous people, politicians, artists, acrobats, authors, dead people, happy people, normal everyday people. I want to know how they live, what makes them tick, what makes them successful, what makes them happy, how are they like me.
I feel there is so much to learn from those living around us or those who have passed on. I like the real, raw stuff. I like the first hand stuff. Bart calls is voyeuristic; I call it enlightenment.
I found this really neat website that has many personal letters Vincent van Gogh's wrote. The picture to the right is from that site. You can search the letters by different topics like ambition, despair, loneliness, love, nostalgia, guilt. He definitely felt some of the same emotions we all feel.
If you feel like it, check it out here: van Gogh letters

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Farrah, you have too much time on your hands. Why not do something useful like me and look at everyone's house on google earth.