The other day, my sweet but very loud child asked me why he didn't have two mouths.
Now, you must know, I was a loud mouth as a child. My mom always knew where I was because she could hear me a block away. I remember getting told to be quiet all the time, but not understanding how. You see, my voice naturally projects and I didn't even know I was being loud. To me, I was speaking normally. I didn't learn how to control my voice until I was much older.
I give Gabe some slack, because I know what it is like. But sometimes his loudness drives me CRAZY! So, when he asked why he doesn't have two mouths, on a day that he had been a little over the top loud, I politely told him I wouldn't be able to handle it if he had two mouths. God gave him two ears and one mouth because he is supposed to listen more then he talks. He was silent for a moment and then said, "Well, I wish I had two mouths."

4 comments:
Where did you find that pic? It's very disturbing.
You know, since you were here in Feb. and said that you were constantly told you were being loud when you were little but you didn't understand it, I have tried really hard not to say that to Emily who has inherited the LOUD gene. But let me tell you it is really hard sometimes.
One more thing we have in common. At camp I got the "Voices Carry" Award, because everyone was always telling me to shut up. True story.
ok seriously farrah you need a new post so i don't see this fish when i click on your blog.
Post a Comment