Yesterday was our first date since Matthew was born. It has been about 7 months since just Bart and I went out by ourselves. This is not because of me, as many of you would think. It is because of my dear husband who refused to leave our new son in the care of anyone- including his own mother. We had a conversation a few weeks ago about me going crazy if I don't get some alone time with him- out of the house and away from the kids. I guess he took it to heart and asked me out. We went to P.F. Chang's. We took our time eating, discussed politics and current events over lettuce wraps and dan dan noodles, laughed, watched the interesting mix of people around us and enjoyed our childless time.
I can't wait to do it again! Oh, and a BIG thank you to my MIL who watched the kids and my wonderful husband who now has a happy and sane wife.
4 comments:
Can't believe it took yall that long to go out. Wow that is sad. Just kidding. We love PF Changs. Maybe we can double date some time.
It is 7:15 in the morning here and I am now craving lettuce wraps from
PF Changs because they are one of my favorite things. Thanks Farrah.
that is where i went for my bday and i too ate the dan dan noodles and they are so tasty! Glad you got to go out-you should seriously take advantage of the free babysitting you have available!
Kathy- It IS sad- that is no joke! Like I said, it is Bart's fault. He is so over protective of his children. I am surprised he trust them with me!
Yum, lettuce wraps for breakfast. I really could do that.
dan dan noodles do not taste good the next day reheated. Note- you should eat them all while you are at the restaurant.
Post a Comment