Monday, May 14, 2007
I ♥ Legos
For years, Gabe was banned from getting Legos until he turned five. Really, it was just a ploy Bart used so we wouldn't have all those little pieces lying everywhere around the house.
Gabe has a steal-trap mind and never forgets anything. For weeks leading up to his fifth birthday all he talked about was getting Lego's. And he got what he wanted. Here is a picture of that day.
The only thing is, he doesn't like to put them together himself. So, reluctantly I had to do it. Oh, and he doesn't know just how competitive his mom is yet, because he told me how good my friend Tonia was at putting a Lego castle together when he was over there playing with her daughter. What!? Am I not as good as Tonia? Well, I was going to show him.
I put together his Star Wars Walker in record time. He was impressed and my obsession began! "Gabe," I said, "Do you want to go to Target and buy another Lego set?" Well, what child is going to say no. So we did. We get home and before we are through the door, I start ripping open the package. All the luscious pieces are like candy calling my name.
Since that day back in January, I am not sure how many Lego sets I have bought under the guise of my child loving Legos so much. The sad truth is, I love Legos. I am obsessed. I can't get enough of them. I dream about them. I want them. I feel such a sense of accomplishment once I am done building one. They make me happy.
Please, don't tell Gabe. He might stop letting me buy them for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
you have to come here and take Gabe to the lego store by my house(they have tons of star wars sets)!!! He would LOVE it. Do you have a lego store in dallas? This weekend someone gave us hundreds of legos with fun sets like animals, cars, planes, etc (they are the size for 2-5 year olds) and I too have become a lego lover. Even while Tia was gone saturday I played with them by myself.
Farrah, you are CRAZY. And how did you make the heart??? I can't tell you how many post's I wanted to put in the title I (heart) ______. You have to fill me in!
Kristy- he would love it. We don't have a lego store. That would be dangerous for me.
Ally- I am not crazy in comparison to you! I can't tell you how to make the heart. It is a secret for us crazies.
Fine. I will just figure it out myself!
Wait a minute! You just called me crazy and then you turn around and say I can't know about the heart because it is for the crazies. Does that even make sense?
It doesn't make any sense, but when do I ever. I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ you!
f♥rr♥h you are evil♥
♦lly- i ♥ you!
I wanted in ♥n this ♥ action!
It's happened to me too, except with Littlest Pet Shop. The tiny pets are as much my collection as they are Mini Me's.
Yall are all crazy. I am sick of playing with kid things and kid games. Maybe it will change in time.♥♥♥
L♥♥K at me! I can d☻ it n☻w t☺☺.
Farrah, have you noticed that Gabe looks just like Bart in the legos picture?
Scott
Ally- I am so proud of you.
Annie- I don't get to get any of those girl toys with two boys. One of my friends daughters has those and they are so cute.
Scott- Do you think so? Someone else told me that. I don't really see it. I think he looks like me. That is why he is so cute, you know.
So I went back and looked at that pic of Gabe and that is most definitely a Bart face Gabe is making.
I just want to see how many comments you can get on this post.
THanks Coren. I don't think I will post anything else and see how far we can get.
By the way, your shower was lots of fun!
It was fun. Thanks again so much!
So......Just thought I would add to the comments. Don't really have anything to say. Bye.
Farrah,
Kristy's new header looks great! Good job.
I love the header too, great job!
Mrs. Maldonado, I like the new header.
Farrah, you are going to have to help me with my blog. I don't know how to add the links of friends & families blogs down the side like you have. Can you help?
Post a Comment