The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.
Elain Heffner,
Elain Heffner,
My mother taught me the art of living. She is a mother like no other. Her love extends well beyond her own children and encompasses all of us like the warm rays of the sun. Everyone who knows her loves her, and she in turn loves all people. She is giving, she is kind, full of compassion, has a heart so sincere, acts without thinking of herself and has a soul comprised of charity. She taught me to love unconditionally, to forgive, and that all people are beautiful and have something precious to offer this world.
She taught me to work hard, instilled in me a great love for the Beatles at a young age, taught me to have fun and be flexible, wanted to know about all the boys I kissed, let me play cruel jokes on her, and always woke my grumpy self up with a cheery good morning song.
She wrote me every day of my first year away at college. She taught me how to clean properly. She attended every one of my school events. Told me that oatmeal cookies weren't bad for you since they had oatmeal in them. To this day, that is why I make oatmeal cookies- thanks mom, I don't feel guilty when I eat them.
She always expected me to do what was right and always believed I would. She loves my husband and children. She is a fantastic grandmother.
She loved letting the sunlight in our house- literally and figuratively. But little did she know, she was the light. She is what lit our home. She is what lit our hearts. She is what lit our souls.
Thanks mom for still being the light in my life.
3 comments:
It is not very considerate of you to leave things like that laying around for emotionally crippled pregnant women to stumble upon! Now my sinuses are all clogged up!
Curse you Farrah!!!
Sorry Coren! I thought my mom might cry, I never thought it would make you so emotional. I will take more care when writing and further posts.
What a lovely tribute to your mom!...Nana
Post a Comment