Tuesday, June 26, 2007

100th Post Extravaganza

This makes my 100th post since starting my blog back in January. That is officially a lot of nonsense being thrown out onto the internet.

So I decided we should have some fun and throw some good stuff out there for a change! I am going to give away really cool prizes. These items and much more will be available for purchase at my online etsy store. Make sure to book mark it and check back soon for my store launch.

Make a comment on this post and enter yourself to win one of the following prizes:

(Every person will only count once, no matter how many comments you make. The contest will end on Thursday evening 11 pm/Central Time. Winners will be announced sometime on Friday morning. Of course all this is subject to change at my discretion. If I don't personally know you or how to get a hold of you make sure to leave your email address in case you win):
1. Your own personalized stationery set in a cute tin lunch box with your name (I have a pink and green one if you don't like the red and blue one)



2. Six glittered bird tags (apx. 3" across) and 4 bird's nest tags (apx. 1" across). You can use these as gift tags on a present, use them on a card, use them to label your things, in your scrapbook, or however you wish.

3. Here are some fun scrapbooking/cardmaking/etc. supplies. You will receive this package of yellow and pink flowers, the enamel charms, and a spool of pink and brown ribbon.


If by some miracle I get 100 comments, someone will also receive a personalized address stamp like the one below (with their address of course):

Let's get it going!

So what if this is like buying comments. I love comments, and don't get enough. I thought maybe some free stuff would get me some love.

129 comments:

Megan said...

oohh - I'll be first! You are so talented and I love your artwork. Excited about your store too!

Allyson said...

Let me just tell you...you've one upped me! I was trying to come up with something creative to do for my 100th post and I gave up and just did a little ditty. About Jack and Diane. Two American kids growin' up in the heart land. Just ignore me and enter me in the drawing.

Anonymous said...

Hi wanted to enter the drawing. My address is blazerlover@hotmail.com and you have access to my address offf the good mail list

Truegrit said...

I check your blog at least 3 times a day. This the only way that I can keep up with you, Bartie and the kids. I'm really excited about your store.

Anonymous said...

Nana sez, count me in! Farrah you are so creative. Good luck on your new venture!

diana said...

I think you should let me win since I let you hold the cutest little baby last night...that's worth like 100 posted comments.

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

iwantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

I'll Be Back

Allyson said...

That last post was said with an Arnold S. (don't want to try and spell that one) accent. Although I am sure you know that. It's pretty much how people say it.

diana said...

Allyson you're the biggest cheat...I should win the address stamp just for that!

Clinesville said...

How on earth do you come up with all the best ideas? I am just glad that I know you so I can copy all of them!

If I win there is a chance that you might get more fresh-new-baby time...

...I'm just sayin'!

Allyson said...

Hey, I'm not cheating. I am just trying to get the comments up there so she will have to give away an address stamp.

Clinesville said...

Oh yeah, I am SO excited about you taking some pictures for us... as soon as I am a bit less pastey!

Allyson said...

Hey clinesville, didn't you just have a baby? Like less than 24 hours ago? What are you doing at the computer?

Clinesville said...

ithinkallysonwantsanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

allysondoeswantanaddressstamp

Allyson said...

And I think you should enter us each time we comment. Look how much love I am showing you and it isn't even noon.

Clinesville said...

Don't worry ally, I am in bed on a laptop. What kind of crazy person do you take me for?

Unknown said...

You people are crazy! Now if only there were more comments by new people. Hummmmm. Or maybe you three or four are my only readers.

Anonymous said...

Hello it is Candi! I didn't know that you did this kind of stuff. This is the first time that I have been on your blog. Really cool! I love the art work!! Lots of love. My email is elite18_99@yahoo.com.

Allyson said...

Whew! Coren, I have been fretting. Stay in bed while you can. It won't last long. I am sure you know that though.

diana said...

I think you should give your prizes away to the people that look at your blog everyday...not these new people that stumbled on your blog by accident.

Anonymous said...

Hey I take offense to that! I didn't stumble on to her blog by accident! I just never had the link until my sister put it on her blog. I am deserving of it too.

Unknown said...

Hey D- how am I supposed to know you look at my blog everyday? This is the FIRST time you have posted a comment!

And hi Candi! Glad you found me.

diana said...

Farrah, you should know that Coren and I are one and same...if she does something just go ahead and count me in for it too!

diana said...

p.s. I posted a comment about your new cute puppies so techincally it's my second time...I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

My oh my.

Your giveaways are too cute. I love the address thing. Congrats on having 100 posts. That means I have read a lot of things written by the one and only Farrah.

And Coren...didn't you just push out a baby

Alicia said...

LOVES IT!!!

Alicia said...

I want an address stamp, how and where do I get one that cute?

Megan said...

I love the address stamp too....bumping up the comment count!

Anonymous said...

i read your blog plus comments everyday , i also think you are so beautiful and your boys are the cutest and sweetest boys on earth that can only be equaled in my eyes by my other grandchildren, also i and your mother who is so deserving of your wonderful gifts that you offer should be considerd in the same vein as Rembrandt or Matise for producing a masterpiece such as you .... love your most proud Father, p. s. you know our address just send it regular mail... thanks

Unknown said...

Dad, I would consider the masterpiece you created (that is me) to be more along the lines of a Matisse piece than a Rembrandt. Don't you think? His works are more vibrant, energetic, full of color and expression; he paints to a broader picture more than contemplating the details.

Which sounds more like me than a Rembrant piece which would be detailed and intimate, full of chiaroscuro (employment of light and shadow), dramatic, and very religious in theme.

Okay, so maybe you nailed me. Maybye I am a little of both. Well any way, thanks for your comment it was very sweet. You should start your own blog title: Old Guys Rule!

Allyson said...

Whatever.

istillwantandaddressstamp

Allyson said...

DANG IT! I just thought of a problem with the address stamp.
Never mind.

idon'twantanaddressstamp

Megan said...

i want an address stamp!

Unknown said...

What is the problem?

Anonymous said...

Farrah, always know when I make a comment it is well thought out and not random ,so it pleases me that you have an understanding of my comparisions. As far as other artists that can be compared to you in some ways I think of one of my favorite French Impessionist by the name of Georges Seurat, I like him because he was original in many ways such as his technique of painting compositions with tiny detached strokes of Pure colour which in turn made his paintings shimmer in brilliance much like you. one of my favorites of his is ' SUNDAY AFTERNOON ON THE ISLAND OF THE GRAND JETTE ' which is a great example of his tecnique of Pointillism. Its so nice to converse with you in this manner , lets do it again ... love Dad

Unknown said...

Wow dad. By the way Dad- I still want that Jamali painting.

And I have always loved Seurat's technique. I remember being introduced to the Sunday Afternoon painting in elementary school and being so drawn to it, wishing I was part of the that calm Sunday leisure in the park.

Clinesville said...

Love the new header. Did you take that pic or did you find it?

Unknown said...

I took the pic, but it is really a lot clearer than that. For some reason it didn't turn out like I wanted.

Allyson said...

A) I am about to puke.

B) Dad, how long did it take you to loo, that up on the internet?

C) That painting reminds me of one of my favorite movies-"Ferris B.'s Day Off"

D) I want the Jamali

E) What about your childhood made you want to be in the painting

F) Just wanted to clarify that the reason I don't want the address stamp has nothing to do with the stamp and everything to do with the address

G)Would you stop showing off with the headers please. You make the rest of us look bad.

Allyson said...

Look at that you got over 50 comments!

Allyson said...

52

Allyson said...

53

Allyson said...

54

Allyson said...

Having 4 kids you would think I have something better to do with my time

Allyson said...

57

Clinesville said...

I think you should give Allyson what ever she wants; her commitment to getting the comments to 100 is outstanding to say the least.

Clinesville said...

Just giving birth you would think I had something better to do with my time1

Clinesville said...

Farrah, Ian said that he left his chicken at your house.

Clinesville said...

Thanks again for taking the boys for us. It was really nice to have time with just Oscar.

Unknown said...

This is fun!

Ally-the Jamali is mine.

Coren-Don't tell Ian we ate the chicken for dinner

Alicia- you can get that cool address stamp or some other cool ones at my new etsy shop- coming soon.

At this rate, all of you are going to win something since only 5 of you have posted sixty something comments.

Megan said...

I love your new header!! It took me so long to figure out how to do the one I have now, I can't imagine making another one! And you just changed it recently. You are soooo talented.

Megan said...

James must have been busy at work today, I'm sure if he saw this he would have added his 2 cents too.

Megan said...

Well, I have a dinner mess to go clean up....but I wanted to bump up your count. Bumpity bump!

Clinesville said...

I think you put up that other post so that people would comment on it and then you wouldn't have to give away those gifts

Clinesville said...

I am so on to you!

Clinesville said...

I just noticed the bird tag things, great use of the punch!

Allyson said...

Thank you Coren. I would have to agree with you.

Ok, so the Jamali is really big and delicate and it is in UT like me. So sorry. Not only that but it would go with my decor much better than yours. You have to admit that that is true.

And what kind of chicken are we talking about here?

Allyson said...

My name is Stephen Schmid and I would like to be entered in your drawing

Allyson said...

My name is Zac Schmid and I would like to be entered in your drawing

Allyson said...

My name is Emily Schmid and I would like to be entered in your drawing

Allyson said...

My name is Aubrey Schmid and I would like to be entered in your drawing

Clinesville said...

Good thinking Allyson!

Allyson said...

My name is Addison Schmid and I would like to be entered in your drawing

Allyson said...

My name is Tony, Zac's turtle and I would like to be entered in your drawing

Allyson said...

Did you buy any of that?

Allyson said...

And where is Kristy? Does she think she is too good to sit at the computer all day like the rest of us?

Allyson said...

79

Allyson said...

80

Clinesville said...

How do you Farrah have time to do all this; make things to sell in an on-line store, make great meals, train 2 puppies, mothering 2 boys, wife-ing 1 Bart, cleaning, watching my 2 boys and blogging all at the same time. Are you human?

Allyson said...

Hey Coren, I was so busy tying I didn't notice you there.

Allyson said...

You think we can get it up to 100 tonight?

Allyson said...

Just so you know I have about 500 other things I should be doing right now.

Allyson said...

But here I sit

Allyson said...

Sittin' here restin' my bones

Allyson said...

And this loneliness won't leave me alone

Allyson said...

2,000 miles I roam

Allyson said...

Hey you have 88 comments now, my favorite number

Allyson said...

Just to make this dock my home

Allyson said...

I'm just a sittin' on the dock of the bay wastin' time ahyaiam...

Allyson said...

And this is really sad so I am going to go get a life now.

Allyson said...

But I am so close to 100

Allyson said...

Just....

Allyson said...

can't....

Allyson said...

stop....

Allyson said...

almost...

Allyson said...

there...

Allyson said...

Just....

Allyson said...

one....

Allyson said...

more....

Allyson said...

Well now look at that. That wasn't hard at all. I'ma gonna go now for real.

Megan said...

Allyson, you win for sure.

Allyson said...

Thanks Megan.
I didn't really leave.

Allyson said...

But for real I am now

Megan said...

Does it count that I was first?

diana said...

Dang Allyson, I can honestly say that you spend more time on the internet then I do...that's a BIG accomplishment. I salute your hard work!

Anonymous said...

I think SOME people failed to read that you you will only be put in the contest once regardless of how many times you comment.

That being said, I have been super busy this week-I have missed my sweet ol computer. also, I painted-well scott painted the rest of our walls yellow yesterday.

farrah I hope you give the stamp to who you know loves you the most-me.

Unknown said...

The truth is I posted that dinner post because I promised you- ALLYSON- that I would post every day this week. I want more than anything to give that address stamp to someone. And it looks like I will be giving it to someone. YEAH!

Come on people, it is not to late to enter.

Tonia said...

Yes!! And now with all the work being done by everybody else, I submit my entry with the complete belief that it will hold the same chances for winning the wonderful address stamp(that would look great with my new, and 1st home address on it) as everybody else's comments. Of course I would love to win any of your Matise/Rembrandtesque creations that flow so freely from your genious mind. Have I "sucked" my way up the list yet?

Tonia said...

And just to increase my chances, and because I have nothing better to do - - Ha-Ha-Ha---
I shall attempt to make things more fair and pile on the comments.

Tonia said...

I love all the other comments.
Posted by Tonia Schmid

Tonia said...

Coren really does have a beautiful baby.

Tonia said...

I'm bringin sexy back.

Tonia said...

them other boys don't know how to act

Tonia said...

I won't take the lyrics too far............
See whatch ya workin with..
Get yo sexy on!

Tonia said...

Let's see what else I can come up with.

Tonia said...

If I get this to 200, does that count for something?

Tag-team back again! DC's in the house
Whoop, there it is!

Like that?!

Tonia said...

I'm takin it back to the old school
Cause I'm so cool.
Schack alacka Schack alacka Schack alacka
Whoop there it is!
Come on to the underground, here's a shovel, can you dig it fool!

Tonia said...

As my last comment, prior to my infamous last minute attempt to increase my odds---oh, yes there will be more----

Farrah, I think you must have the sweetest Dad on Earth.

Unknown said...

Tonia, it is about time you jumped on in. I know you haven't been on here because you are trying to avoid all aspects of me so as not to make your husband any more angry. I know he has forbid you to have any association with me since I totally screwed up your new house and his fabulously exciting plan this week which he had to put aside in order to finish my lousy start of a painting job with a horrible color paint that is all my fault.

Okay enough of that, I accidentally downloaded the explicit version of sexy back to my ipod and we were listening to it on our trip to Galveston. WHOOOPS! I changed that really fast and deleted it. I need to download the clean version. Love that song and all your flashback ones too.

Allyson said...

Diana- it's called avoidance. I have so much to do right now and I really don't want to do any of it.

Farrah- I have now offically posted more on your blog than you have!

Oh and Diana again- if you and Coren are one in the same and you do everything she does...where is your blog????

diana said...

Allyson, if Coren already has a blog then I don't need one because she's already done it for us...see how that works?!?!
p.s. one prize doesn't work for both of us...she needs one and I need one, don't ask how that works, it just does!

Anonymous said...

allyson , i see that you posted # 88 and you say that is your favorite # , im sure your not aware that that is also the fav # for all white supremacist and neo nazis because the 8th letter of the alphabet is H, HH represents the phrase " Heil Hitler" ... dad

Allyson said...

Diana-Coren never puts stuff about you on her blog so I don't think that counts. I need more entertainment in my life.

Dad- Why the crickey would I know that? Is that really the truth or are you just making that up? 8 is my favorite # and the more 8s the better. So really 88 isn't my FAVORITE # - 8 is or 888,888,888,888,888,888,888,888,888 is or something like that. Just don't call me a Nazi. Although I am married to a German....

Lindsey said...

glad i checked today! so fun to read new stuff each day!!! love those puppies!

The Acosta Family said...

Ok. I just got back to town and am reading all of ya'lls comments. I have not laughed so hard in I don't know how long. Especially the comments between Uncle Earl and Farrah and him and Allyson. I guess I would like to enter the contest even though it is late.

Mary said...

Hello Farrah - I decided to de-lurk myself. I stumbled across your blog when you commented on Sarah Benac’s blog a few months ago. It’s been fun to read all about the Maldonados – your boys are just too cute!

My main motive here is to ask to be invited to Sam’s blog. Emma and I would love to know how he is doing on his mission. As for the contest – I am not a crafty person at all. I would have no use for anything… except maybe the gift tags. So you can enter me for that! - Mary Arnquist

Tonia said...

Here it is.....
My final attempt to get in under the buzzer for one more try.
How's Matt's eye? Wes was calling him on Emma's Barbie phone all night! It was too cute.
Thanks for your help today, although I fear that I am far beyond help of any kind.
I occasionally get to read the oh-so-entertaining blogs of my "crafty" and remarkable friends, and I often feel dwarfed by the abundance of creativity that I am lacking. Thank you for encouraging me. You are a true friend!
Love you.

Allyson said...

Maybe I liked it better when dad just listened.

Anonymous said...

Farrah
I am at work reading your blog,(its great to get paid while doing this) anyway I really enjoy your site, you are very creative (just like your mother) and so are Allyson and Kristi I enjoy linking to their site from yours. Hope you have a great success with your new business. Looking foward to seeing the updates to your site.
Allyson and Kristi if your reading this I enjoy seeing the pictures of your kids and all the fun things yall do.
Love Aunt Karen

Allyson said...

Hi Aunt Karen! How are you? Love ya!