Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Deep pocket fairy and the money lover

A couple days ago, Gabe realized his tooth was loose. He has been waiting anxiously for the first signs of this momentous occasion which signifies the ending of babyhood.

When Bart put him to bed that night, Gabe asked him how much money the tooth fairy would give him for a "really good" tooth. Bart replied, "Five dollars." (this is one of the points of parenting we haven't yet discussed; but if you are getting married, along with the questions of how many kids do you want, do you believe in spanking, etc, make sure to agree on how much money is a reasonable amount for the fairy to leave behind).

Gabe looked at him and said, "How about $20?"

9 comments:

Truegrit said...

I love this kid!

Anonymous said...

5 bucks huh? teeth are worth a lot these days. I don't think i have discussed with scott how much our tooth fairy brings but in a book we have the tf brings fruit. Could you imagine if gabe were to wake to apples instead of money?

Anonymous said...

That's funny, we were at dinner and the disussion came up with a table next to us b/c the boy had just been visited. He go $50!!!!! I was TOTALLY shocked.....$5 sounds reasonable to me!

Clinesville said...

We did $5 for the first tooth and 1 to 2 bucks after that.

Anonymous said...

When I was a child I only got $1.....Now that my kids are loosing teeth they get anywhere from $2 to $5.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Hi Good Mail Girl!!!

I wanted to say Hi and to let you know that I am starting a Random Acts of Kindness Thing over at my blog. To kick it off and let everyone know about it. I am having a contest and would love for you to come over and read about it and maybe particpate!! Thanks so much!

Jennifer (Fellow Good Mail Girl)

Unknown said...

So $5 is what the inflation has done to the worth of teeth...hmmm.

Kristy, if Gabe were to wake up to apples-- let's just say, I am glad that tooth fairy isn't paying us a visit.

Daniel, I won't even tell Gabe that story because he will want $100.

Hi Candi- it is good to hear from you.

Megan said...

We only got like 50 cents. I guess we had a cheap one! :)

Another thing that has gone up is the price of a babysitter! Wow. I remember getting paid $2-2.50 an hour! Now I'm paying $6-7?? That seems crazy, but I guess it's in line with the tooth fairy!

Allyson said...

Does Bart know how many teeth Gabe will have falling out over the next few years????