Is it only me, or does it feel like a Monday today to you too? I am glad it is Thursday though.
Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. I love this country and am so grateful to have been born here. My favorite song is the Star Spangle Banner. I am overcome by emotion every time I hear it. I love celebrating our country and I love fireworks. I love how they sound, smell, look and especially the surprise of it all. You never know what they are going to look like until they explode in the night sky.
With that said, the only fireworks I saw this holiday were the black cats Bart and Gabe set off in our alley.
I hope your fourth was full of lots of fun, family, food, and patriotism.
3 comments:
Candi told me that everything was cancelled because of the flooding. We really haven't gotten that much rain these past few weeks like ya'll have. We did not go anywhere, but we saw plenty of fireworks. It was fun.
I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like Monday - yesterday all day I could hvae sworn it was Saturday - I even strated to lay out church clothes last night!
Ditto. I cry every time I hear children say the Pledge of Allegiance.
Post a Comment