Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cha-Ching!

I have an obsessive personality. To the point of being a little bit crazy. One thing I obsess about is a good bargain.

I rarely ever buy ANYTHING for full price. If it isn't on sale, I will ask for a discount. EVERYTHING is negotiable. Bart always ask for a heads up if I am going to do this so he can go hide somewhere so I don't embarrass him. I got my house for much much cheaper than market value, our car was practically a steal, and our television, we got for the best price you could find anywhere.

It is not that I am cheap or that I am not willing to pay for quality. I love nice things. I just don’t believe in paying full price. I love the art of negotiation. I love walking away from something because they won't go down to where I want and than having them come back practically begging for my business. For me bargain hunting is a sport or game, and you all know how competitive I can be.

I also like getting good deals on groceries. I used to clip coupons and scour the ads and internet to find the best deals. Lately I have been so busy with my business I haven't had time to do this. Some days we are lucky I even have something to make for dinner.

Well, I was inspired by my friend Megan's bargain blog to get back into the swing of my bargain grocery shopping.

Here are some deals I got this past week :

Albertsons
10 boxes of cereal
5 boxes of granola bars
5 containers of oatmeal

I paid $7.50 total - that comes to less than .40 each


CVS
4 packages of diapers

I paid $20.67 and got $15 dollars in Extra Care Bucks to spend on my next purchase. That is like paying $1.42 for a pack of diapers.

Tell me about your best bargain.

5 comments:

Allyson said...

Farrah, I love it when Albertsons does the 10 for $10 on oatmeal. We love instant oatmeal around here. I went and bought so much oatmeal last time they had this sale on. I bout 70 items (not all oatmeal). I didn't give them my preferred card until the end. It really took like 5 minutes for the computer to take all the discounts off. It was fun watching on the monitor as it went down from like $250.00 to something like $75.00.

Amber said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you! I'm so excited that I'm not the only one that gets thrills from paying less for something!

Ashley said...

I like clearance racks, but I am way to lazy to clip coupons. Although my husband gets the paper for that very reason.

Megan said...

Wohoo!!! Ditto to everything you said. And I'm 10 months pregnant, still can't resist good deals, so I'm out shopping to stock up on good prices! :) Your Albertson's must be having a different sale than mine! You got more for your buck! :)

I'm not sure what my best bargain is. I'm getting hooked on CVS and love not "paying" for stuff because I roll over my ECBs for the next weeks stuff. I've gotten stocked up on batteries, diapers, dish soap, and so much more.

I think I'm going to be out of it for a while after the baby comes, since it does take some planning and time and effort, but I'm sure it won't be long!

Anonymous said...

What? I want an albertsons.