Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Confessions: the time is finally here

Tomorrow is the first day of school. This time last year I was very sad. My first born was beginning the journey that leads him to teenagehood and onto adulthood. I knew him starting kindergarten was the beginning of the end. BOOHOO!

Well, tomorrow is his second first day of school. I leave summer behind with no remorse and I will drop him off at school tomorrow without the tears. I admit, I will miss him. He is a great little companion and is a fun kid to hang out with. He also does a fabulous job at keeping his little brother occupied. But all I can say is bring on tomorrow!

That is my confession. What is yours?

15 comments:

Clinesville said...

My confession is: I think I was smoking crack for 2 years when I home schooled...what was I thinking? I LOVE SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Alicia said...

I dread taking the boy to school because of how early we have to get up!

Anonymous said...

My confession is: I thought you were smoking crack anyway Coren.

Unknown said...

This isn't anonymous confessions!

Last night I heard fireworks going off- like a lot of them. I raked my brain for what type of celebration was happening and all I could think of was someone is was REALLY HAPPY their kids going off to school and were celebrating in a big way.

Clinesville said...

I think you should keep your opinions to yourself about other peoples confessions!!!

Ashley said...

I have to admit evern though I do not have any full timers yet, I am welcoming preschool with open arms. Even if it is only a few hours of peace, I am READY!

Unknown said...

I just noticed I said "raked" my brain but I meant "racked my brain"

Anonymous said...

I confess that I am sad tia is starting school next week but at the same time I am looking forward to it.

I also feel guilty thatI didn't teach her to read. All her friends are great readers and she is just now starting to get it-with a lot of help. I know i shouldn't worry about it but i do. most kids here start kindergarten knowing how to read.

Megan said...

Yesterday I told myself ALL day that I was going to starting eating better again today. It's been a couple of crazy weeks, so I haven't been watching what I eat. So, what was my breakfast today? Chocolate chip cookies. I guess I'll start tomorrow!

Lindsey said...

wow megan - that sounds like my recommittment every 3 days! only i'm working out almost every day for at least an hour so i can eat naughty and not GAIN. i cried last night after putting the kids to bed and have been completely overanalyzing the last 5 years and 3 weeks to see if I have taught ben everything he needs to know before going to school. and i'm bugged that there are 24 students in his class and 25 in the other one...

Allyson said...

I yelled at all my kids today. And I don't feel bad about it. Well, maybe a little. But they deserved it. Kind of. And I'm in a really pissy mood. You would think that the first day of school would find me in better spirits. I feel like breaking something and then crying a little. Yeah, it's that time....of the month....and I could freakin care less if that kind of information bothers you. I might feel bad about it in the morning though. I should really go before I say something else.

And come on Coren, it was a little funny. It wasn't me that said it though.

And Kristy, don't feel guilty. You pay your taxes, let the teachers do their job. Once she starts reading, she will take off and you will wonder what you felt guilty about.

Allyson said...

Sigh....I feel so much better. Now that I have shared my dark side with you all. And I didn't even have to break anything.

On the dark side, oh yeah-a-yeah......On the dark side, oh yeah.....What song is that? I don't care.

The Sabins said...

My confession is I feel guilty for holding my son until next year for Kindergarten. All of his pre-k class and his Sunday School class is starting. But since his birthday misses the cut-off we decided that when he is older is would make a difference; he would be smaller, younger, less mature in high school.

His younger cousins will be in the same class now and all his current little friends will be doing new things that he won't. So even though I really think it's the right choice for us - I feel terribly GUILTY!

Kathy said...

I have been spending way too much time on facebook. I have even been chatting with old friends. Where has the time gone?

The Acosta Family said...

I was very excited about school starting, but sad because Joey doesn't start for 2 more years. I feel awfully guilty for feeling that wasy. Also, I hate leaving my house at 7:20am to get there by 8am. I so want to move closer to our school.

Oh, one last confession. I just got called to be Cub Master. I am so not excited about it. I am not into it at all, and we have soccer practice on the Pack Meeting night. That means I won't even be able to be there. I am going to ask to be release. That is so bad isn't it? Oh well.