Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And we're back

I closed my etsy store over the holidays and really enjoyed my time off. A couple weeks ago I got back to work and started working on new designs, new products and my website before I opened my store back up. In some ways it has been hard to get back to work, but it has mostly been a very fun thing for me.

I love that I have created a REAL business from basically nothing (I started it with $12.99). I feel very blessed to be doing something I love and am grateful for all the opportunities it opens to me and my family.

I am grateful to everyone who has been so supportive of me! Especially my husband and children. One of my biggest supporters and advisers was my father. I am grateful to have gotten a lot of insight from him on my business before he passed away. I treasure his advice and will always remember the things he shared with me. Oh, how I wish he were still here to give me his thoughts on things. There are many times I think, "Oh, I need to ask my dad about that." And then remember, I can't. I miss him.

This has been a great adventure for me and I am looking forward to the new things I have in store for this year. Check out some of my latest designs here. If you are on facebook you can become a fan of Sweet Papery by clicking here.

5 comments:

Allyson said...

I love that stamp! I am gonna have to have you make me one.

Allyson said...

Here is my address:

Just Kidding! Did you really think I was gonna leave it here?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Coren! You have been a great support! Thank you.

Ally- are you sure you want that one? I was going to make something special for you. And I do need your new address any ways, so can you email it to me?

Megan said...

I love all your products! You've definitely found your niche! I'm glad you are doing so well!

The Sabins said...

I really love your line and am so happy that this has turned into a such a good business for you (of course really there I had no doubt you would be a fantastic entrepreneur after working with you!)

I showed off my new stamps to everyone at the office during christmas and they all agreed they are fabulous! So I sent them your site...now what to get for valentines....hmmm.