Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I will miss him

As our new President will be taking office in a few short days (can't come soon enough), I would like to pay tribute to our "beloved" 43rd President with some of my favorite quotes. I say "beloved" because some polls have his approval rating at 20% (the worst ever for a president).

Of course you can't read too much into polls, but I do think those numbers must come from 90% approval rate in Utah and an 80% in Texas. Okay I will step away before I get hit by one of your shoes, since my blog readers overwhelming support the man.

Wait a second though, speaking of shoes did you see the video below. It did raise my approval rating of Bush from 5% to 20% because how can you deny he does have some mad skills.




• "Thank you, Your Holiness. Awesome speech." April 16, 2008, at a ceremony welcoming Pope Benedict XVI to the White House.

• "The fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." — May 27, 2008, in Mesa, Ariz.

• "We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job." — Sept. 20, 2005, in Gulfport, Miss.

• "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Aug. 5, 2004, at the signing ceremony for a defense spending bill.

• "There's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail." — Oct. 4, 2001, in Washington. Bush was remarking on a back-to-work plan after the terrorist attacks.

• "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." — September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.

• "Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" — January 2000, during a campaign event in South Carolina.

and my favorite:

• "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." — Sept. 17, 2002, in Nashville, Tenn.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm glad people don't write down what I say! Damn those ARE funny!

Megan said...

Oh my.....that's hilarious. I'm just about as sad as you for all this to end.

Anonymous said...

Those are funny lines. How can you not love him?

Anonymous said...

Scott said it is too bad the Cowboys don't have "mad skills" like that.

Kathy said...

Ok I had to laugh..........real hard ......and long!!!!!!

knjfabela said...

Joey and I have been laughing about the last one for months! We found it on youtube and it shows many of the ones you quoted. Yea for a new President that has more skills and speaking abilities than Good ole' Bush.

Clinesville said...

You're funny.