This satellite picture is very cool! Click on it to enlarge and see swarms of people gathered on the mall.Did you watch it? We did. I even bought (well kind of since I still haven't paid for them - it is a long story) new Obama shirts for the kids.

What a cool day in our history. I am so glad I was able to be a part of it; even if I was only participating in my own house. Gabe was home from school sick so he got to watch it all with me. At his age, he has so many questions about our country, our president, how it all works, and most importantly, is there an indoor pool in the White House? I love being about to have discussions about these types of things with my children. I hope they will love our country as much as I do and be just as proud to be an American.
One of the things I was moved most by was the talk about the "peaceful transfer of power" from one president to the next. Really, it was not something I ever thought about. How incredible it is to live in a country where our power comes from the dictates of the people and not from the sword. We are fortunate and blessed.
No matter who is in office, no matter which party is in control, I am grateful to be an American and be part of this blessed nation.
6 comments:
Farrah ,
I am so glad that you got to take a picture of the kids in front of the TV. That will be a good picture to have. When they get older, that will help them to remember, what they were doing when President Obama was elected.
I always love to talk about history and politics with my children, even if we don't always agree.It shows me that they have the opportunity to serve and love this great country.
Nana
I really enjoyed watching the inauguration and cried through most of it, the older I get the more patriotic I become!
I am so grateful for the country that I live in and I hope and pray, that the positive outlook that so many people have will help our country make a change for the better.
***I couldn't stand the lady and her poem!!!!*****
I agree Coren, she didn't do a very good job reading it. Although it's not my place to judge....
That is an awesome picture Farrah, it looks like big giant ant hills.
It reminded me of mike myers in so I married a ax murderer.
So, is there a pool in the White House?
There is a pool! A bowling lane, a movie theater, and a tennis court. Gabe thought that was pretty cool!
More white house fun facts to come later!
Post a Comment