Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Once in a while the sadness returns

Today, I was searching for an email. I remember my sister Allyson sending me a website link in an email over a year ago. I keep all my emails. While searching, I came across an email from my dad.

Every once in a while I come across these and read them over and over again. It is one small way I stay connected to him. In fact, I have an email he sent me the same day he passed away. It was a silly joke he forwarded, but he only sent it to me and I know why. It was something he knew I would appreciate and understand.

I miss him and wish I could pick up the phone and call him. So today, for me, go call someone you love. Someone you haven't talked to in a while. Let them know you are thinking of them and don't let the moment pass you by.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks for reminding us whats important.

Clinesville said...

Thanks Farrah.

Joslyn said...

A good friend of mine just lost her father on Saturday. Her father also died of a massive heart attack. It really hits home that I could loose my parents any day. I think about it often anyhow because I am very close to both of them, but when tragedy strikes, it really makes me think how lucky I am to still have them both. Although my mom lives in Florida, I do call her daily even if it's just to tell her I love her. And I try to call my dad about every other day even though he's only an hour away. That's awesome that you still have his e-mails though to keep his memory alive.

Allyson said...

Yes, thank you Farrah.

Cathy M said...

And Farrah, the sadness will continue to return in unexpected ways, but in a different way over time. How wonderful that you have that fun, special e-mail from your dad--evidence of just how well he knew you and how he always carried you around in his mind and in his sweet heart.

And thank you for your post. I did just as you suggested and contacted a former student with whom I had lost contact. He is now 87 and still plays tennis 3 days a week! You may remember having seen him come to our house over the years for his piano lessons.

We had a lovely conversation--he was so thrilled. Joe and I plan to visit him and have lunch with him in his retirement home.

Jackee said...

Farrah,
It's so good to have a way to keep in contact with you now. I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. My heart hurts for you!

Thanks for the post, it has brought back memories of watching my mom struggle through cancer treatments this last year and how grateful I am to just have her for as long as the Lord sees fit.