Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Tuesday Tried and True: Secrets to a happy marriage

It is Tuesday! Yep. Monday came and all day I thought it was Sunday. So glad it is Tuesday today though. Feels just like I skipped right over Monday. Can't we do that every week? Or would that turn Tuesday into Monday? Hmmm, something to think about.



Here is a tried and true tip, you know, because it is Tuesday, and I do this every Tuesday. Right?



"Love your other how they need to be loved, not how you need to be."


So true, don't you think? It took me a few years of marriage to understand Bart didn't want or need the same expressions of love I did. Well, now that we have been married for 11.5 years I am feeling pretty good with the knowledge I have about his love needs. Now, if I could be better at always loving him that way.

One of my favorite blogs has guest bloggers for two week discussing secrets to a happy marriage. Check it out: I think you will really enjoy it.

Please, share your secrets to a happy marriage here on my blog. I would love to read them.


p.s. This NY Times article was really touching to me.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

GET OUT OF TOWN CHARLIE BROWN! You are bloggin up a storm!

Steve and I have been married for over 14 years now and we have 4 kids to keep us happy. We make sure to make time to be alone together. Something we started a few months ago is going for a walk together every night. It gives us a few minutes each day to be alone and be able to talk to each other about our days and what is going on with us without any distractions. Except for the bugs. We have a lot of those out here.

Unknown said...

scott and i read a book i think it is the 5 languages of love that talks about that-i think it helped us....not that we needed help because we are perfect afterall.

The Sabins said...

howdy stranger. I really liked that article! I sent it to hubs who of course will not read it..lol.