Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday: Half way there

Back in May I decided I had to get serious about my weight loss.

I had been trying to lose weight for about 5 months but it just wasn't coming off. I guess I wasn't mentally ready for it. In May there were a few catalyst to get my butt in gear (literally and figuratively). I am not sure I am ready to share those here just yet, but let's just say it was what I needed.

The road ahead would be a hard one. I had 100 pounds to lose- a whole lot of weight - but I knew I could do it. When I say 100 pounds, I am not talking about getting me to the lowest weight I have ever been. I am talking about getting me to the highest healthy weight in my weight range. The one pound difference that would take me from overweight to normal.

So I am not talking vanity here people. (Granted, when I am done with the 100 pounds, I would still like to lose 10 more. But I am not going there yet.)

My journey started. By mid-July I had lost 20 something pounds. I was doing well, but my sister -in-law suggested a weight loss contest, the prize being $600. Well, that helped me keep going. Not so much the money, but the fact that I had people to beat (I am only a little competitive).

As of our final weighin October 30, I was down 53 pounds total (I lost 32 in the competition). I ended up winning the competition and the $600 (which I still haven't spent).

I still have a long way to go, but I feel great. I am half way there. I can run (that will be a whole other post). I look better. I am motivated. I am lighter. I am healthier. I am happier.
I can't believe I am about to post this picture. It is very hard for me to do, but it is an important step in my recovery from my food addiction. Plus it is a good reminder that I never want to go back there.

Look for my Weight Loss Wednesday post every week.

15 comments:

The Nanny said...

Farrah, you look fabulous!!! Congratulations!!!

Clinesville said...

I'm so, so proud of you!!! Not only do you look great but I can tell that you feel much better. It reminds me of when I had lost the majority of the weight when D said to me: "there she is, there's Coren". I had lost a bit of who I was, I hadn't realized that I wasn't the same as I had always been, but because of the weight loss, I could 'see' much more clearly. Not to say that you aren't the same as you have always been, it's just lately I get glimpses of Teenage Farrah, and it makes me smile.

Sorry for the long comment, I'm just so proud and inspired by you!

kristy said...

Way to go farrah! I am very impressed and happy that you are feeling healthier and happier!

Ashley said...

Farrah you look Amazing!! I never had a weight problem til babies. It really is a struggle to get that weight off! I have lost 30lbs since baby number three, but I have not been serious about weight loss, but I think you have inspired me to get myself on the ball! 40lbs to go to weigh what I weighed when I got married. 20lbs just to make me happy. WAY TO GO!!!

Megan said...

That is A HUGE accomplishment. HUGE. It takes will power, dedication, TIME, commitment, balance, etc. And it's emotional....and hard, and tiring, and so much more.

You are awesome. You look beautiful!!!

Amber said...

I am so proud of you Farrah! You look Hot! Keep it up girl! I will need to refer back to your post and motivation after baby #3...

Amy J said...

Wow...you look great! It is sooo hard to lose weight, and a huge accomplishment when you do! So congratulations!

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone.

Allyson said...

Farrah, I keep coming back to look at your pictures. You look so fabulous and I really am so proud of you. I hope that you will make your Weight Loss Wed. a weekly post so you can keep inspiring the rest of us.

Kathy said...

Farrah, this is truly amazing! I really admire your determination! You are an inspiration!

emily the great said...

Aunt Farrah, i love you. You are AWSOME. Where did you get your boots? i love them! btw this is your FAVORITE nice Emily ( incase you forgot how much you LOVE me)

Kristi Clinger said...

You look great Farrah. Stay motivated. Keep us motivated.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is amazing

Kristi Clinger said...

I'm waiting for another post!!!

Anonymous said...

Impressive.