Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Around the house: on my windowsill

Last night we went to Central Market for dinner and to pick up a few groceries. I love Central Market (CM) and obviously my children are just as smitten with the aisle full of hard to pronounce cheeses, every color and type of bread imaginable, huge chunks of Swiss Chocolate larger than their heads, live lobster, "pinchie" crabs and bins as far as the eye can see full of candy because Matthew was chanting the entire way there, "cen-ty mar-ket, cen-ty mar-ket, cen-y mar-ket".

CM has a bank next to fresh fruit and flowers that the kids can put a quarter into and pick something that suits their fancy. As we were checking out Gabe saw the flowers. He quickly pulled out his "lucky quarter" plopped it in the piggies belly and carefully picked the most beautiful flower he could find.

The flower was for me. I think I might be raising a gentlemen. He always holds the door for me, tells me how skinny and beautiful I look, and he loves to buy me presents. I am sure his wife will thank me one day.

I put the lovely bloom in a small jar on my kitchen windowsill so I can see it all the time. It makes me happy. It makes me smile. He makes me smile.
1 . lemon hand soap 2. great idea I got from my sister Kristy to put dish soap in a pretty container 3 . old pharmacy bottle my mom saved from when she was a teenager, find one of your own on ebay 4 . flower from Gabe 5 . plant from a friend when my dad died, somehow I have managed to keep it alive, pot from Ikea 6. seashells gathered from various beaches, soap dish from Sample House

2 comments:

diana said...

So cute!

Clinesville said...

So pretty Farrah, but I expect nothing less.