
WOOHOO! Last day of school. I have a lot of mixed emotions.
First, I am glad my kids are going to be home. Second, I am a little sad my kids are going to be home. Ha! It is true. I love my children. I really love them. I love being with them. But sometimes it is nice when they are in school and we get to have a lovely reunion at 3:00 p.m. Being apart makes the heart grow fonder, right?
I am also a little sad that my Matthew is no longer a kindergartner. He excelled in school, thanks to a great teacher (we love Mrs. Patak) and to a great preschool teacher. He has learned to read. He is writing in cursive. His hand writing is amazing for a boy and a 6 year old one at that. According to him, he is the funniest, smartest and most well behaved kid in his class, maybe even all of kindergarten (by the way he gets his humility from his dad). If they had a kindergarten graduation his dad joked that Matthew would claim to be the valedictorian.
It has been a great year for him. Truly, he was a really well behaved kid. His teacher told me that he was one of the best students she has had in years. Maybe he over heard that conversation. He got by far, the most "positive paws" of anyone in his class. I still can't believe he is going into first grade. Seems like just yesterday he was my little baby boy.
 |
| What's up with that smile? White Tiger Pride Award |

|
| Totally blurry picture but Matthew and his teacher, Mrs. Patak |

|
| Matthew's report card |
Our 5th grader Gabe, will be the big man on campus next year. Only one more year in elementary school. :(
He struggled at the beginning of the year, but he worked so very hard. His teachers claim he is funny and hard working. Can you believe it? He got the award for Mr. Positivity! I'm very proud of him for getting commended on both the Math and Science portion of the STARR test. On the science portion he only missed two! This year his average grade in each class was an A. Way to go Gabe you rocked this year.
 |
| Mrs. Wade, Mrs. Andrews and Mrs. Lamendola |
 |
| Gabe holding up his impressive report card |
 |
| 5th grade assembly |
 |
| Henry was just along for the ride |
No comments:
Post a Comment