Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A day with Grandpa

This is what Gabe looked like before spending the day with Grandpa:


This is what he looked like afterwards:
And yes, I knew he was getting his hair cut this short.
We saw Grandpa (Bart's dad) on Sunday and he asked if he could spend Monday with Gabe. He wanted to take him to breakfast and then to get a haircut. Early Monday morning, Gabe sat at the window, begging me to call grandpa and ask when he was going to be here. He sat there for 1 hour. The boy was excited to spend some time with grandpa. Thanks Thomas, he was so happy. I think you made his week.
He has been wanting to shave all his hair off like his Papa- my dad who has no hair and thus, why he shaves his head. Gabe has my very hot genes. He sweats like crazy, especially during the summer and his head is soaking wet all the time. I agreed he could cut it short- this is not a battle I choose to fight him on. It is just hair and it does grow back. Plus it is HIS hair. Not like he is asking for a tattoo or an earring. I rather fight those things then this (okay Nana- I know you are the one who is going to freak out).
He is happy with it. He is still cute with it. And he is much cooler with it. Oh, and it is much easier to wash and maintain. So let me have it.

9 comments:

Clinesville said...

I think Gabe looks very cute!

Anonymous said...

i think he looks great and im sure it feels so good to him, when i was his age i cut my hair like that every summer ..... dad

Truegrit said...

At least he has a round head and not a cone head. Aunt Patty

Allyson said...

I like it. Very cute. At least you knew it was going to happen. Not like the time dad took my one year old son and shaved his head bald for the first time. If it hadn't been so darn cute on him I would have been really mad.

Anonymous said...

Nana has freaked! I like his hair curly! That being said I will adjust, if that was what Gabe wanted. At least it is not a tat or earring. Please hair grow very fast! Allyson, You made me laugh when you said your dad took your one year old son,for a hair cut.You have to understand Farrah, Bart was two years old when he got his first haircut! Ah, those were the days when hair was a big deal!-Nana

Anonymous said...

I love it! He has a good face for it.

The Acosta Family said...

I think he looks very handsome. All my boys now get there hair shaved like that. They both sweat alot and it is so much easier to wash then when it is long. I did not want them (my hubby's family)to shave it off the first time, but now it is the only way to go. It fits him, probably because he is part latino.

Allyson said...

Hey Liz, how are you? Seriously- I was in Dallas visiting and we were getting ready because the Hastings were coming over for dinner and my dad took Zac into his bedroom and they came out and Zac had no hair. Like I said, it was very cute on him so I couldn't get mad.

lauren said...

gabe
looks cute no matter what
i am sad that his hair is gone. i love you so much.
i miss you farrah.