Thursday, July 19, 2007

The guilt trip

The other night I let Gabe (5) stay up to watch a movie. Bart was gone playing basketball and hey, it's summer, so he stayed up two hours past normal bed time.

When I went to put him into bed, he asked me to read him a book. To which I replied, "No honey, it is too late and I let you watch a movie instead of reading books."

His reply, in the best sweetest little boy voice possible, "Well, mommy, someday I will be ALL grown up and I won't want you to read books to me anymore."

Where do they learn these techniques?

6 comments:

Clinesville said...

That was a good one. Maybe our children shouldn't be allowed to hang out with each other!

Allyson said...

That cracks me up. Did you read to him?

Kathy said...

Ahhhhhh! i laughed so hard I amost cried. Sweet!

SoDak Angel said...

hee...hee...you totally read to him, didn't you!

The Acosta Family said...

You know he gets that from our side of the family, right? He is too cute. Did he sleep in late the next day?

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

That makes me laugh. I bet you the next night you totally read to him a great big long story.