I haven't been blogging lately.
I started blogging as my way to escape the babyhood and reality of my day-to-day-stay-at- home-motherhood-life. It was a way for me to "talk" with adults, for me to connect with the world, a time for me to not think about poppy diapers and cleaning house. I could be ME, even if just for a moment.
Don't get me wrong, I love staying at home. I love that I am raising my boys. I love taking care of them, my husband and the house. There is tremendous satisfaction in that, but for those of you who know me, it is not enough. I crave more. I need to reach out and do something outside of those things. I need variety. I need challenges (beyond those I get at home), I need goals, I need chaos, I need to work, I love working hard, and I love doing something for me.
So I started a business. This is not my first attempt. I have attempted to do a variety of things throughout my life. I guess I have an entrepreneur spirit thanks to both my mom and dad. I have failed many times. Most things never got off the ground. Those that did only flutter for a short short time.
But me, I don't quit. I don't care how many times I fail. I know eventually, something will work. I get up, start thinking again, start dreaming, start planning, start looking for something new to do. For me it is not necessarily about success, but about trying. Call me crazy, but it is who I am.
Back to where I have been. My new business that's where. It has taken off and I haven't had much time to do anything but that and my normal motherly and wifely duties. Who knows where this will go, but I have lots of ideas for its future. Lots of ideas of how to expand it. So hopefully I will only get busier, but I will schedule time to keep blogging.
In the meantime, check out my store: www.sweetpapery.com. I have so many new things in store. I can't wait!
1 comment:
Farrah - I completely understand what you are saying. I worked at a really busy job for a long time before we had Porter and after I stayed home with him, I was always looking for that extra something. Not necessarily to make money that we needed, but something to help fulfill that need for an outlet, and since I had been the breadwinner for so long, making money was always a bonus! :) I've always had little odd jobs, out of my home that keep that need satisfied. So I do know exactly what you are trying to say. I'm glad your new business has been so successful!
Post a Comment