I will start us out:
- I got mad at Bart this morning because he couldn't find Matthew's pants that I told him were on our bed. When I went up there they weren't on the bed. They had fallen down between the foot board and the mattress and were hidden pretty well. I grabbed them and went up to him and said, "SEE, I TOLD you they were on the bed!" I still haven't told him where I found them. When he reads this he is going to be mad. I am sorry Bart. Please forgive me.
- Today, Coren called because she needed to borrow an egg. I was happy toTAKE her one, because I knew she was probably making cookies and would bring me some when she was finished. And she makes some MEAN cookies. I would take a picture of them, but they are all gone. I have no idea how many she really brought by because I was feeding Matthew upstairs when she dropped them off. There were two left for me. Coren, how many cookies did my son and husband consume?
- We got a new car yesterday. I love it most because it has a DVD player and Gabe has never been so quiet. I think I might just drive around to have some peace and quiet.
- This is the WORST of them all. I feel horrible about this and like a terrible mother. I am paranoid about car seat safety. I buy the safest seats out there for my children after doing much research and I have no problems spending extra money to get the best. They are after all, the most precious cargo. So I put Matt into his car seat and because Gabe's booster seat was in the way, I decided I would go around to the other side to buckle Matt in. Well, I buckled Gabe and went around and got into the car. I drove off without Matt being buckled. We drove ALL the way to Bart's work, which was highway the entire time. Bart gets in and we drive to a car dealership (highway the entire time), and all of the sudden Gabe screams, "Matt is trying to climb out of his seat. WAIT! He isn't buckled in!!!!" Holy COW! What good is that car seat when he isn't even buckled in! That will NEVER happen though. It was traumatic for me.
There are more, I am sure, but I am ready to hear from you.
25 comments:
Ok. This is really embarassing. I have been out of town and while I was gone I set my DVR to record the new show, "Singing Bee". It is so cheesy and the guy from NSYNC is the host and even though it was really dumb I watched the whole thing. And I didn't take it off of the dvd for future recordings. I think I will watch those too.
-I Love staying home from church, I think I have to go back next Sunday or I may become less active.
-I only gave only 8 cookies to the Maldonado’s because I ate most of them.
For those that are prudish, just skip over this last one.
-Today Gordon was being very sweet and luvie-duvie, telling me how beautiful I am and then followed it up with a completely innocent I love you; so I told him I loved him too but I didn't want to have sex with him. I think he died a little inside (in my defense I just gave birth to a big'ole baby less than 3 weeks ago and I am a little afraid!)
I want a picture of the new car.
Okay, I feel I need to defend myself a bit here. First of all, I was just trying to give my dear wife a little boost. Oscar's been killing her sleep that the rest of the munchkins have been making her NEED. Also, as much as I love my wife and think she's the most red-hot-smokin' thing since pop in a can, I am a bit afraid of her baby-maker right now... I witnessed what recently happened and it was, well, scary! I love you too baby, but I don't want any right now either.
As far as confessions from Gordon:
1. I rode my scooter around the block tonight without the typical full-face helmet, armored jacket, and gloves that I always wear. I am a pretty big advocate of ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time), and so that is a big no-no. As if the initial offence wasn't bad enough, I really enjoyed it!
2. I really enjoy the movie Newsies.
Farrah -- a new car?? What did you get? How fun!
Allyson -- I liked the singing bee too. I would be horrible at it, but it's fun to sing along to the TV!
*Today I made rice krispie treats for my family - topped with chocolate. My kids didn't even like them! What? Well, Katie ate the top off and wanted more "coc-lat". So I have been eating little pieces all night. I will have to find a new home for tomorrow.
*Porter had a melt down on the way to the bath tonight and so we just put him to bed. He could not handle life, and I could not handle him anymore. I told him when I kissed that we'll all feel better in the morning.
*I've NEVER been a fan of Desperate Housewives, but the last few Sundays it's been on and I've just been sitting here, so I've been watching it. It is kind of funny - but don't tell James!
Coren and Gordon, thanks for all the info. Keep us updated on how things are coming along in the future.
And Gordon I am really glad you said you like Newsies. My son watched it about 10 times in the past few weeks while we were traveling and I was starting to worry that I had ruined him in some way.
Allyson, you got it! What sort of detail are you looking for in these updates?
whatever you want to give honey.
Thank you Coren and Gordon-you two might need to take it to a chat room next time. Thanks for the laugh.
My confession: hmmmm.....
i am a little hurt that gordon comments on farrahs page and not mine. Come on share the love.
Please, let's find a new place for ALL the details.
no seriously though my sunday confession is that I watched Step Up twice this weekend. sad I know.
I thought "we" were not suppose to judge on Sunday Confessions!
I don't mind y'all sharin' right here.
OK, I've got to get in on this action, and I don't mean Coren & Gordon's "action"!
My confession:
I'm out of town visiting family (a "vacation" with the kids)and I want to come home. I miss my husband, and for the first time I miss my house - even though it is apparently falling apart as I type this.
I often run needless errands just so I can get peace and quiet from the all important DVD player onboard.
I ate carrot cake for dinner.
Chad and I left church during sunday school so that we could make carrot cake. (We left the boys there though).
Chad gave the boys a bath for the second time last week yesterday. (We've been swimming a lot).
Man you guys (Coren & Gordon) crack me up! Well my confession is don't get me wrong I love being a mom. But I have not gotten any Kathy (alone time) for a while and my kids are 2 & 1/2 and 8 months. One is teething and the other is named Emma. (enough said if you know Emma. (example she screamed bloody murder all the way through sacrament yesterday at church and she won't let me leave her side and I read the same 10 books for 2 hours straight to her last night.) Well my confession is I just want to go somewhere away from the house and do something for myself. Selfish I know!
The other confession is that we just got a 2006 Honda Accord and I am jealous that my husband drive it to work and I am stuck with the 8 year old Honda odyessy minivan. I want a 2006 Honda Pilot. Ok I am done confessing.
Thanks everyone.
Coren, you only have to go to church once a month to be considered active. And I am not judging. I just think if you are going to share the details for Ally you should go do it on her blog. This one is rated PG-13.
Kathy, there is nothing selfish about wanting and getting me time. One day when Steve gets home from work. Hand him the kids and say "Good luck. I will see you in a few hours. Oh, and I love you." Buh-bye
Gordon, I wish you could talk Bart into watching Newies with me.
Megan, we got a "new" car, not a new car. New to us that is. It is a Toyota Sequoia. Love it. And nothing wrong with watching a little DHW.
Kristy, I feel really special that Gordon comments on my blog. Hehe! I have never seen Step Up. I think I will have to go rent it. Are you watching SYTYCDance? Who is your favorite?
Tonia, I miss you! Come back home. By the way, I got a weird call from your husband yesterday.
Jamie, I love carrot cake. How fun to leave the boys at church while you go home. Seriously a great babysitting idea. I will have to try it.
Primary as babysitters. Yep, we did that a couple of weeks ago when we were getting ready to go to Moab.
I was just getting myself a bowl of cereal and I was thinking about what you said about your blog being PG-13. PG-13 my bootie. I have seen the naked bike rider picture and the candy despenser man pic you posted.
Ally, these days that stuff is PG-13. Maybe back in the day when you were younger it was R.
OK. My confession is that while we were in Dallas Saturday, Grandma begged us to stay. I preceeded to tell her the many reasons we needed to make sure that we were in our ward Sunday. We left Dallas at 10:30pm. Got home at 2:30am. Needless to say, we did not make it to church. I feel horrible. On the other hand, at least I got all my clothes washed. Also, we LOVE our DVD player in my Durango. It came with the headsets.
oh and why do you have Kim as a link on your blog but not mine????
What are you talking about Kathy, you are on there! Okay, so I forgot and just put you on. Sorry.
Tonia, why don't you just come on home? What's happening with your house? Fill me in!
Farrah, don't feel so bad about not buckling Matt. We've all done it. (By accident, of course!)
Post a Comment