Monday, August 27, 2007

And he's off...

....without looking back.

Our little boy is off to school. I am sitting here, wondering what to do with myself. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of things to do. It is a matter of overcoming my grief and mourning to be able to do them.

Thanks to my girlfriends for coming over and hanging out with me so we could mourn together. They just left and now the house is empty and quiet.

I can't wait to pick Gabe up today and find out how his first day went. Although I am sure all I will get out of him is that is was "good" or I might get a "great", but it will be hard to get details. Oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch his whole day. Wait, he hates flies and would probably kill me. So I will settle for being his mom at home; sitting and wondering how he is faring without me.

10 comments:

Clinesville said...

He looks so grown up!

Megan said...

Awwww!!! I hope your day gets better. I'm sure it will when you pick him up! :) He's so cute!

When I ask Porter what he did at school (preschol) he now says "nothing". How does a 4 year old know to say that already? I love laying down for naps with him, cuz that's when he really talks.

Anonymous said...

Gabe looks like he is really ready for kindergarden! Nana

Anonymous said...

Crazy that he is so grown up and going to school. I am sure he will love it.

Anonymous said...

Wait a second-is that a crayon i see in his hands? Not something that happens often

Allyson said...

He looks SO MUCH like Bart in the first picture. Seriously. That is a Bart expression he is making.

He looks cute.

Cheer up Charlie. It will get easier.

Allyson said...

Ummm....So we want to hear all abut the first day.

Allyson said...

I always have the biggest problem typing the word about. I ALWAYS mess it up.

The Acosta Family said...

Just remember that it may take a few weeks until he feels comfortable. Just keep him excited about going. Find out what part he likes and just hype that part up every day that he says he doesn't want to go. I remember it being so hard because I just wanted to say, "Stay home with mommy"

Amber said...

What a doll! It will get better! Those Kindergarten teachers will keep him busy and excited about school! You sound like you are doing okay! I'm having a hard time thinking about sending Darcy to Preschool!