Right now I am too upset to give you a list of all the terrible things I have done, thought, or wanted to do. So this is it for my Sunday confession:
Beside crying when I went into Gabe's classroom on meet the teacher night I haven't been too emotional about his going to school. Well, except every single day for the last week I have made my sweet 5 year old sit on my lap and let me hug him. He now knows the drill. Our conversation goes something like this: me, "Gabe do you have to go to school?" He says with a sigh, "Yes, mom." Me, "I won't be able to sit and hug you like this during the day anymore. Can't you just not go to school? I will miss you too much" Gabe, "Well, I will miss you too (pause) but I really want to go to school." He then just sits there and lets me hold him. What a good boy he is.
I was just making his first lunch, for his first day of school. I started crying. Why? Because I started thinking, "What if he gets hungry before lunch? What if he needs a snack and I won't be there to give him one? He is going to be hungry. How can I send him to school? What will he do?" etc, etc, etc. I know, I am pathetic. What am I going to be like tomorrow? I don't even want to think about it. I better just go to bed.
6 comments:
I know how you feel. I remember having those same thoughts. I still have them about all sorts of things. You just want to be there for them every step of the way and you don't ever want them to suffer. Even if "suffering" is being hungry for an hour or so. That is part of being a mom. You will get used to sending him off to school everyday, but you will never get used to sending him away from you. Just make sure you are his soft place to fall when he comes home from the big, big world each day.
I can't even sleep right now, because I am so nervous about tomorrow. I have fallen into moments of pure blubbering over the past 4 or 5 days because our Emma is heading off to Kindergarten. But, for as much as I am afraid to let go.. I'm also so impressed with how much she has grown and is ready for. I can already visualize tomorrows proceedings....Emma, patting her crying mother and telling ME that it is going to be alright.
Pathetic!
I want to cry. That is all i can say.
Well, I am in the same boat but I have two kids going off for there very first day of school.
Oh!!! I hope this morning went well for you. I get sad thinking about it to - and it's a year away for me! :) Allyson made me want to cry too. Keep us posted.
I cannot even see the computer screen because I am crying so much. All I can say is that it really does get better. It took Priscila about 3 weeks or so before she really liked going to Kinder. It just took a while for all the kids to warm up to one another.
Post a Comment