Since you asked.
Gabe came home from school the first day saying, "I hate school!" It was a pretty sad thing for me his mom, who was anticipating he would be so excited about it. He didn't like school on the first day for the following reasons (in no particular order):
- his backpack zipper broke
- he had to take a nap
- he made no friends
- his drink in his lunch was hot
- the string cheese I gave him made him sick
- he didn't have to work hard
So after fixing most of those things, having a really good sit down conversation with his dad, and many prayers offered in his behalf, the second and third day were much better! He is now excited to go to school, although he still isn't having to work hard enough yet.
4 comments:
That's what you get for having a smart kid; you should really look into dumbing him up a little.
How cute. I am glad he is enjoying it more. Poor boy, not getting worked hard enough!
Other reasons for Gabe to hate school.
* It's hard being the coolest kid in class.
* All the teachers are fighting over him.
* Principle won't let Gabe balance his checkbook. What's up with that?!
Oh, man that stinks that he didn't like it. Hopefully that won't get to be a pattern. Does he ride the school bus, Owen does and I must admit I think it's his favorite part of the day...
Post a Comment