Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day of Fun

We live in a suburb, I hate even saying that being a gal who has always lived in the city. But it is true, we succumbed to the call of better schools and a bigger house and moved to suburbia.

Saturday was our community's Annual Day of Fun and they had all kinds of themed activities going on at the civic center.

With nothing better to do, we ventured on down to the "wild west" for pony rides, a 10 Gallon Hat Toss, and some other aptly names activities.
Bart loved it because he claimed it was a mini preview of the State Fair of Texas, which we looked forward to around this time each year. It was a great way to meet our nice neighbors and support our community.


16 comments:

Tonia said...

I love your "house", and I'm glad that I don't have a machine-gun packin granny living next door to me! We went to the "Great Fountain Festival" too, and saw that it had many possibilites of fun, none of which my darling daughter wanted to have anything to do with. Good Times.

Tonia said...

And I love the header picture of Gabe!

Allyson said...

I am still laughing about all of your pictures. Not the pictures of the kids, the pictures in your story. The kids are cute.

Allyson said...

PS. I want to go to the fair. Although I have been so sheltered for the last 12 years of living here that it would probably FREAK ME OUT TO NO END to go to the fair now.

Allyson said...

ANd you can say all you want about where I live but I don't care. In fact the whole reason we are building, ok well one of the main reasons, we are building a house is because our neighborhood is getting scary. OUR NEIGHBORHOOD?!? I have turned into quite the sissy and I am proud of it. So like I said.....say what you want about my choice of residency. Like I need to give you permission.

I feel all riled up and I don't know why.

Allyson said...

And another thing....ok, I really don't have another thing. But still.

Have a nice day.☺

Allyson said...

I do have another think afterall. I need to figure out how you and Kristy make the cute little photo square things.

Clinesville said...

I think I am sheltered cause I don't live in Utah with all them crazy Mormons! Live a little.

That looked like fun but I took a nap instead.

Clinesville said...

Oh, hi allyson.

Unknown said...

Ally- that is just sad.

Anonymous said...

Yum, is that cotton candy i see in gabes hands? If I could I would steal it from him. CC is my absolute all time fav treat when i go to place like that!

If anyone ever needs a great gift idea for me in the far away future (hint hint scott) it would be a cotton candy maker.

Anonymous said...

oh and i loved the links.

Amber said...

Farrah- If you live in Suburbia, than I live in the sticks!

How do I do those fun square things?

i will miss the texas state fair and all the fun people watching!

Amber said...

Farrah- If you live in Suburbia, than I live in the sticks!

How do I do those fun square things?

i will miss the texas state fair and all the fun people watching!

Clinesville said...

Kristy love cotton candy...well I never!

Unknown said...

Amber- You could come back and visit and go to the State Fair.