Wednesday, September 26, 2007

In the news: Holy COW!

Here is the world's most expensive dessert. It has a price tag of of $14,500 per serving. It doesn't look that good to me. In fact, it doesn't even look appetizing. Give me an $8.00 creme brulee and use the $14,492 to buy me nice diamond ring. That make much more sense, don't you think?



Bless her heart. A Russian woman gave birth to her 12th child. Most people would feel terrible for her just for this reason, but wait until you hear how much that baby weighed: 17.1 lbs. YES, SEVENTEEN POUNDS, ONE OUNCE.


(I think the baby next to the 17 pounder is thinking, "OH NO! Why did they put me next to the big one? I hope she doesn't eat me!")

I would never be able to use this smoker and would probably never be able to eat BBQ again. Do you think the man could get his money back?

25 comments:

Clinesville said...

What the heck!
-I saw the dessert on the news too and thought maybe instead of buying silly little desserts people should; I don't know give to the poor.
-17 lbs is ridicules, I hope it's her last and that she had a c-section.
-I don't know what to say about the leg. Oh wait, I do… NASTY!

Unknown said...

-I guess instead of a diamond ring, I should give it to the poor
-It was by c-section
-and yes, NASTY is the perfect word

Candice said...

Oh my gosh!....

I would never buy a dessert for that much money!

I would die if I had a 17 pound baby inside of me! That is just crazy.

You are right....NASTY!!!! I would trash that grill and I don't know what else!

Did you find these things on Google???

Megan said...

Okay - the dessert is crazy. And I'm sure it's a small portion too! $14,000? Really, who spends that much? I bet even Donald Trump or Oprah wouldn't spend that much!

That baby is the size of a 4 month old! Holy cow. I think that would be my last child - even if it wasn't #12.

I don't think I'll look at the nasty picture. The big baby's blue belly button make my stomach turn (don't ask me why), so I'll just take everyone's word for it that it's nasty!

Ashley said...

If I had to buy one thing for $14,500 it would be shoes.

If I had to deliver a 17 lb baby, I would request that I be put under during the c-section. Imagine the huge scar.

If his leg was so important why wasn't it somewhere else. Weirdo!

Farrah I know my blog has issues right now but I passed along an award to you.

Allyson said...

As usual thanks for keeping us informed on the important events happening around the world.

My 10 month old doesn't even weigh anything close to that baby. How did she walk around for the past few months?

And Ashley, I thought the same thing about the leg. If it was so imprtant to him, what was it doing in the smoker?

Candice said...

Yeah...My son weighed 17 pounds at 1 1/2

Anonymous said...

i would love to eat-poop out-and flush down the drain the $14,000 dessert. What is wrong with you people thinking that there is something wrong with that?

and hello! The leg in the smoker makes perfect sense. he was going to cremate it at a future date. I would do the same-much better than storing it in your fridge!

The Acosta Family said...

I saw that dessert on Fox News, too. Like Kristy said, you are just going to eat it- poop it out- and flush the money down the drain. That is crazy. I don't understand how the heck you can walk with a 17 pound baby inside of you. Also, I have never heard of something so NASTY as the leg thing! Yuck!!

Anonymous said...

kim i am supporting the dessert and leg thing.

but on to more important things: Farrah I feel as though the boys in your life have rubbed off on you causing you to title this post "Holy Cow." Have you been watching maybe one to many simpsons episodes? or are we revisiting the early 90s?

Allyson said...

It's better than teaching your children to say holy crap KRISTY!

Allyson said...

UMMM HMMM. We all remember that post.

Allyson said...

At least I do.

Allyson said...

I have this problem lately of posting each sentence as a seperate comment.

Allyson said...

I don't know what my problem is.

Allyson said...

I keep telling myself to shut up but....

Allyson said...

I'm not listening.

Allyson said...

Sometimes I just get that way.

Unknown said...

I have been saying Holy Cow a lot lately. I don't know why though. I don't think anyone in my house uses that phrase.

Ashley- I would like to see those shoes. Your site loads normally for me now. Thanks for giving me an award. I feel oh so super special. None of my other readers have ever given me an award and look you are a new one. What is wrong with the rest of you?

Candice (I am being formal since you use that name on here)- No, I didn't find those on google. I have a few other secret web surfing techniques that I can't share or I would have to kill you- all of you.

Clinesville said...

I keep coming back and looking at that baby...it's just not right!!

The Acosta Family said...

I'm with Coren.
Kristy - I know you are supporting the dessert and the leg thing, but I just decided to twist your words and use them for me point of view. After all, they were great words.

Candice said...

Oh come on Farrah share with your family your secrets! Just kidding! I use Candice now....keep up.

Sarah said...

What IS that dessert? And who is buying it?

I can't believe that baby picture. My baby was 17 pounds at a year old!

Unknown said...

Candi- I know you now go by Candice, but I only know you as Candi, so that is what I am going to call you.

Hi Mrs. Hollywood- My first was 17 lbs at a year too. I can't imagine taking a newborn home that is that size. The dessert is served at a resort in Sri Lanka. Go here to read the whole story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070924/ap_on_fe_st/expensive_dessert

Megan said...

K - I guess I had a big baby. Porter was 16 lbs at 4 months...he was 8 lbs 13 oz at birth. We wanted him nice and healthy for his surgery at 4.5 months, so we got what we prayed for. I don't remember Katie, but she's barely 25 lbs now at 2.5 years. So I guess not all babies are like Porter!