Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Confessions

I am doing this early today. Can you believe it?

  • I am having a really crappy day. I just am feeling a little down in the dumps
  • I think it might have something to do with the fact that Bart has worked all weekend and is still at work right now. They are moving their offices to a new building and he was there all day yesterday and left at around 7:30 this morning and he has no idea when he will be able to come home.
  • Or it might be because my house is a mess and I can't stand it, but I can't stand cleaning it up either
  • Matt has started doing this screaming thing when he doesn't get what he wants or when Gabe takes something away from him. It is kind of cute.
  • We ate Jack in the Box for lunch today. Normally every Sunday, and I don't think we have missed one this year, Bart makes breakfast tacos when we get home from church. Gabe was VERY upset that his dad wasn't here today and that he couldn't make them for him. I would have made them myself, but our fridge literally has four things in it, and that doesn't include eggs, tortillas or any kind of meat. We have ketchup, applesauce and pickles and I don't know how to make a meal out of that. Much less, one that Gabe would eat. Since he doesn't like two of out those three things.
  • I cleaned out our fridge this week and haven't been grocery shopping since and so we have been eating out almost every meal for the last three days.
  • I would have gone grocery shopping yesterday but we went up to Bart's office to spend the rest of the day with him (1-9:30) watching the super slow movers sit around for most of the time doing nothing.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maren does the same thing that Matt does. It's cute at first...but then on those days when you just get annoyed at everything you just want to push her down then Ben for making her do it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I have stuff in my fridge and in the cupboard, but I still will probably find a reason to pick up something from the drive-though.

Unknown said...

Alright Alicia, you were first! I know that the screaming will start to bug me very soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I still laugh, don't get me wrong I'm still very much a Garland!

Allyson said...

On Friday when everyone was sick and had stayed home from school and we spent the day at the doctors office and hospital and Steve was still out of town, I was pretty worn out by the end of the day. So I didn't do anything. I let the kids have whatever they could fix for themselves for dinner and let them watch TV all night. I sat in my room eating a hot pocket and watching TV. You should have seen the kitchen when they finally put themselves in bed. (I said I didn't do anything and I wasn't kidding) I think they ate cereal at several different intervals throughout the night 'cause there were about 10 or 15 bowls on the counter, hot pockets, ravioli, cookie dough, granola bars, capri suns. They had fun.

Megan said...

-My kids were monsters yesterday. We all went to the store and I almost lost it and started crying in the middle of the store because they were so bad. At one point in the afternoon I told James I wish we could send them somewhere for the night so I could have a break. Then Katie wouldn't go to sleep, so James got her up at 9pm and she came downstairs to be with me during MY quiet time that I needed so bad.

-For our Enrichment this week, we had to bring something that represents our interests, talents, or hobbies. I couldn't think of 1 thing. Not that I don't have any, but I don't have any time to enjoy them or develop them. I didn't end up going anyway.

-We took the kids to McD's last night to play and get some energy out. I could not stomach eating it, so I ran across the street to Quiznos and got food for me and James. I felt funny bringing it back in, so I shoved it all in my purse and we ate in the playland.

Amber said...

Yes, I sinned today and went to the KC Chiefs Home opener. We won! Woohoo!

I felt really bad leaving my kids again today, but I'll be back to being a good mom the rest of this week.

I left a load of laundry in the washer for two days and had to rewash it...At least I tried doing some laundry.

Clinesville said...

-My kid's have school pictures tomorrow and get to wear "regular" clothes. Ella had her outfit laid out very nicely for the next day but I made her change it because it wasn't cute enough, I broke her hart! I don't feel too bad about it; at least she'll be dressed well.
-I found out a little girl was giving Ella a hard time at school cause she could see her panties in gym and it really hurt Ella’s feelings, so I told Ella to say “ why are you looking at my panties, NASTY” or call her a panty looker. Ella stopped me and said “Mom we should not call people names, it’s not nice.” She’s right, I know she’s right but I still wouldn’t mind if she gave it to that little girl!
-I hate people that bounce back quickly after having babies; I really, really hate them.

Ashley said...

Hhhmmm...I have a lot that I don't really want to confess.

1. My sister got married last Tuesday. The sealer for the life of him could not pronounce either name right. I have never laughed (on the inside) in the temple. It was very irreverent. At least I laughed on the inside a few chuckled out loud.

2. My daughter walked up and licked the frosting on my sisters cake at the reception. I grabbed a knife and smoothed it out. It was at least better than my other sister's wedding last month when my other daughter licked the server. I figure what people don't know won't hurt them.

3. I too ate out today. I just feel like I am on vacation when I visit my family. Although they would not approve.

Kathy said...

My kids were still sick, so this makes week #3 of them not going to church. Blah!
I fell asleep on sat night at 10pm when my husband wanted a date night.
My husband stayed home with the kids and he said they were bad. Instead of feeling sorry for him I am kinda glad that he gets to see what I have to go through everyday!
I know I am supposed to be supportive of my hubby being seminary teacher but I hate it. He is in a bad mood all the time from no sleep, the kids are all teenagers and horrible & disrespectful and he is always locked away in the office studying for his next lesson. I thought all that would be over when he graduated college. Now the only difference is we have to pay those student loans back. And boy do we have a ton!!!!!

Tonia said...

* I'm a blog mucher. I read your last 4 blogs yesterday and didn't comment at all.

* I horribly want to go stay at a hotel or something, without the kids. And yet I feel awful if I even suggest sending them to stay the night with Grandma.

* Guilt seems to dictate a lot more of my thoughts than it should.

* My husband was sick last night and I can't say that I really felt any sympathy for him. When he mentioned that he might not go to work today, I said somthing to the effect of "Really? You think it's that bad." In a very "What a Wuss" tone. When he left for work this morning, I felt a little bad for him.

* Today is Picture Day at my daughter's school, and I took so much time not being able to make her hair cute that I forgot to make sure that she brushed her teeth. I made her scrub her teeth with a napkin in the van on the way to school. That's got to be the worst confession ever.

Allyson said...

Coren, I am still laughing at what you told your daughter to say. That is so you.

Ashley, you must clear this up. Did she lick the serving spatula or the server/waiter?

Kathy, I don't blame you at all for your seminary ill feelings. I am sorry.

Tonia, guys are all such babies when they are sick.

Oh, and hey all of you that I was just talking to like I know you. I am Farrah's sister Allyson. And I feel like I kind of do know you 'cause I read your comments all the time.

Anonymous said...

In young womens we were asked to turn to abraham and i couldn't remember where it is so i had to peek at one of my 15 year old young womens scriptures to find it. how pathetic.

Ashley said...

Allyson it was the silver serving spatula and I didn't even take the time to wipe it down. I just encouraged her to move away quickly. It was a stressful day.

The Acosta Family said...

My confession is a little late, but here goes:

Yesterday, I felt really sick and called someone to teach my class at church. I slept from 9am to 3pm off and on! Then at 10 or 11pm I fell asleep again, only this time I didn't sleep very well.