Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Confessions

Well, here it is. Sunday again. Where do the days go and speaking of days, tomorrow is the first of October. I can't believe it.

Here we go:

  • I have clean laundry that has been sitting around for over a week now. Why is it so hard to put clean clothes away?
  • I really wish I were more organized, but I am so far from it that the thought of being organized overwhelms me
  • I just did Friday's dishes today
  • We went to the Texas State Fair yesterday and the only thing my baby ate was junk: corny dogs, bread, funnel cake, nachos, pizza, etc. They don't have vegetables at the fair. Oh, wait, he did eat caramel apples. At least he had a fruit, right?
  • On a good note, he only nursed twice (instead of the normal 4 times) and it made me VERY happy
  • I used baby shampoo for about 4 days because I ran out of shampoo in my master shower. The sad thing is I have a cabinet with a few new bottles of shampoo, but I kept forgetting to get it before I got in the shower. I am not sure what Bart used, and I didn't ask.

What are your confessions?

19 comments:

Megan said...

*Our ward split today - and it's STILL huge. But I promised James I would start making friends now. I just feel new every week, since there's always so many new people and I'm in primary, so I don't see a lot of people. I'm sure I will be in primary again. Which I'd REALLY like to go to R.S. to meet some people, but of course, I will serve where I'm needed. Sigh.

*My kids have been sick back to back since last Tuesday. I am ready for them to be healthy again. I miss my happy baby and miss her sleeping well and being independant.

*I fell asleep on the couch today shortly after 11am and slept until after 1pm. So did James. I don't know what our kids did - except be very good. I was woken up to open some snacks and James got up to wipe a bottom. But otherwise they just let us sleep!

Clinesville said...

-We went out to lunch today with some friends (I seriously don't go out to eat on Sundays).
-I also went to the gym; if I am going to screw up I might as screw up well!
-It's been very hard for me to like my daughter lately.

Kathy said...

-I just don't get it: I thought my almost 3 year old was improving and she & I were excited for her to return to church/ nursery after a 3 week sick spell. But what does she do pushes all the kids in her class. The teacher brought her to Steve 20 min after nursery began because she could not handle her anymore. He said the teacher was almost in tears. Sigh. I thought she was improving.
-She also wanted to bare her testimony. She kept saying "it's my turn to talk" so I took her up there and while we waited for her turn she was all over every seat and I could not get her to sit down.
-I felt like a teenager again, when I was invited to Chilies after the Womans broadcast. I am still very new to the ward & it was nice to be included and make friends. (Megan you just have to stick your neck out-say hi & also go to as many things as possible)It was so fun!

Unknown said...

Megan- I can't believe how big your ward it!

Coren- What's up with Ella? And did you go to Babe's?

Kathy- I am sorry you are having a hard time with Emma at church.

Clinesville said...

Ella's been horrible! As soon as she comes home from school she whines, cries and talks back until she goes to bed. She's been a very unpleasant child. We went to Desperados for lunch.

Megan said...

When they put in the proposal for the changes in May, our new ward would have been at 365 members. Now it's already at 510. We are just in an area with new developments. It's most of our ward. There is already 96 elders, so there will be 2 EQ's again. It's crazy. Oh, and they are starting a new building next month, so probably in a year when it's done, and we are bursting at the seams, it will split again.

Kathy said...

Dang Megan where do you live?

Kathy said...

State only please we don't want to give away any secrets. We live in Ft Worth and it is kinda the same but not that bad.

The Acosta Family said...

Megan - that is crazy how big your ward is! Here I am talking to you like I know you. I am Farrah's cousine Kim. Our ward split yesterday, but only 6 families were moved.

Coren - Priscila is acting the same way. I put her to bed Thursday at 7pm because she was so bad. She does really whine. Unfortunately she screams at me at the top of her lungs. Especially when I put her in the "naughty spot". She hates it. That is why I like to use it. Ha! Ha! Just kidding.

Kathy - All I can see is that I am sorry. I remember one time when Priscila was about your age, and she bite her cousin on the cheek while her aunt was babysitting. It swelled and took a week and a half to go away. No one wanted to play with her after that for a while.

My confession is that, like Farrah, I have clean clothes that have not been folded for over a week. I also let my kids do whatever they wanted Saturday morning wile I laid in bed until 9am. Also, I still have not cleaned up the mess that they have made from Saturday. Although I did make them clean some yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I went to bed shortly after you posted confessions. I was so tired yesterday. It is an hour later here though. that is not really my confession though.

coren who did you go out to eat with?

Clinesville said...

Kim- Ella screams too, but she screams like someone cut her fingers off, it doesn't matter if you tap her on the shoulder that's how she screams.

Kristy- We went out with the Harris'. They blessed their baby yesterday and wanted to do something special without making a mess at home, so out to eat it was!

Allyson said...

So what IS your confession Kristy?

Mine is this:
When Steve's sister and her family came to visit us in July we knew we would be busy and on the run so we bought a bunch of paper products (plates, cups, forks, spoons, bowls). We kind of got addicted to the easy clean up and have been dining on paper ever since. We ran out of bowls and spoons yesterday and I freaked out. I didn't know how we would eat breakfast. Then I remembered my cabinets full of regular bowls and spoons. Oh yeah. Those things. I will be going to Costco today to restock.

Also I am unable to keep up with laundry or housework any more. No matter how hard I work it is still piled up. It is really depressing.

Megan said...

We live in the small town of Mesa, Arizona. :) Actually, it's pretty big and we aren't in the city, just around it. And we are close to Gilbert which is one of the fastest growing cities in the country! But since we don't have a Gilbert zip code, our house was cheaper and taxes are less. There's just TONS of growth out in this area due to new construction and the great buyers market. Further south is Queen Creek and the wards there grow just as fast. I have a friend that moved down here at the same time, and they are going into their 3rd bldg next month and 3rd ward split in a year! Some wards even meet for 2.5 hours instead of 3, but the First Presidency sent out a letter saying that our block is 3 hours, not 2.5. So my stake chose not to do that any more.

Allyson said...

Those Arizona Mormons!

Ashley said...

It is Monday, but I have to confess I am so ready to go HOME. I love my family but...it is time to go back to our own space.

I went out to eat Saturday night instead of going to Women's Conference. Luckily someone we knew had DVRed it so we were able to watch it later.

I want to go on a trip sans kids and husband. I am trying to talk my sisters into a girls only cruise. The only problem is two of them have not even been more for more than a month.

I miss the days of being a newly wed.

Allyson said...

Megan, did they spilt just your ward or your whole stake? I was telling my friend about how crazy things are there and she said her sister lives there and their stake just split on Sunday.

Megan said...

No - just our ward. But they made changes to 4 other wards in the stake to accomodate our "new" ward! Further South - down in Queen Creek, that's where lots of Stakes are splitting....and they can't build buildings fast enough!

The Acosta Family said...

Allyson - if the paper products thing is a confession, then I should have confessed along time ago. I have no - I repeat - I do not own any cups or glasses. Isn't that sad! I buy paper or plastic everything! I used to have cups, but they were either broken messed up somehow. Plates and bowls I used every once in a while. We just get so busy that my dishes were sitting around and smelly. I think we started using paper products when we were still in Dallas. We have been here almost a year.

Anonymous said...

Ok you rock-

I too have laundry sitting in baskets -and also used baby shampoo for a week because I forgot when my husband went to the store that we needed shampoo and then I couldn't find time to go.

And here I want to promo the heck out of my shop-when I feel buried now.LOL.

Great to read a fellow business moms confessions:)

www.Theacoughlin.com