Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday: In the news

Have you seen this?

This is one of many pictures of Oscar de la Hoya, the boxer, in a fishnet bodysuit. He has some nice legs, don't you think? And I love the heels. Maybe he has been hit in the head one too many times.

Really though, why do you take pictures like this when you are famous? You know someone is going to sell them and make a lot of money and really embarrass you.

--------------------------------------

Onto another story. This is why I do not like shaking hands with people, especially men. YUCK! You know every time they go to the bathroom, they touch their you know what and than they don't wash. That is just disgusting.

So help me out here, tell me what is the best way to avoid shaking people's hands? There will be prizes for the most outrageous, the most original, and the most polite techniques.

43 comments:

Allyson said...

As you go to shake someones hand just make this really big slobbery sneeze in your hands and then wipe your hands on your pants and hold out your hand to shake, look down at it scrunch up your face and shrug and then pull your hand back. I am sure people would understand.

And yuck about the picture of Oscar and double yuck about the mind picture of guys in the bathroom. NASTY. I will never shake hands with a guy again. Just where do they get off thinking that it is ok to touch...that...and then go out into public and touch other people. Oh wait, that probably is how they....never mind, I won't finish that sentence.

And I better win this time, after my not winning last time and all.

diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think those pictures are fake. "Those are some long girlie legs". I can't stand Oscar;he is always in the news, cheating on one of his spouses.

Shaking hands,you have to, your LDS,it is part of the culture. Carry some hand sanitizer. Nana

diana said...

Simple, when a guy reaches out to shake your hand just go in for a hug! If you don't know them well enough for a full on hug just give them the "side hug."

Kathy said...

If I were you I would just always carry Matthew and have something else, (cell phone or keys) in the other so when you go to shake someones hand just smile and nod instead or say hi how are you and they won't even try to shake your hand because they are feeling sorry for you.

Candice said...

I would say, "My hands are wet I just washed them in the bathroom." That always works for me.

Candice said...

Oh yeah by the way....Oscar is gross! This picture is nasty! Also, I have a blog now it is candiandthekids.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ok, so listen girls you need to wash your hands also ,I wont go into details why, but the myth that you are all sugar and spice ,well anyways ... as for not knowing how to not shake hands farrah I cant believe you havent already googled that, anyways a sure prove way that has worked for me for years I just tell them ive had the runs for days and I ran out of toilet paper the day before... works like a charm

Anonymous said...

dad that is gross

Anonymous said...

ditto

Anonymous said...

whoever the first Anonymous commentor is sounds like a highly itelligent person

Allyson said...

Jasper, I have a feeling you know who the first anonymous commentor was. I have a feeling you know him a little too well.

The Acosta Family said...

I would say only shake hands with a guy if they just came out of the bathroom and their hands are wet, but unfortunately guys think that getting their hand wet is washing them. It is pretty gross to think about. I am going to try and put this out of my mind along with what Uncle Earl said. I will just carry Germ X in my purse.

BTW - I like Kathy's idea about the baby in the arms. I like Allyson's too, but I doubt I would have the nerve to do it!

Candice said...

Gross Uncle Earl! I couldn't do that even if it was true!

Allyson said...

DID I WIN????? 'Cause I think I did.

Allyson said...

Did I win?

Allyson said...

Did I wa wa wa wa wa win?

Allyson said...

Remember when y'all used to live in Provo

Allyson said...

And I would call and leave you hundreds of messages

Allyson said...

all the time

Allyson said...

kind of like now with my comments

Allyson said...

and I just can't shut up

Allyson said...

so.......

Allyson said...

you feelin' any better?

Allyson said...

we are all sick at my house today

Allyson said...

you need a new post

Allyson said...

'cause I am tired of seeing that picture everytime

Allyson said...

I pull up your blog

Candice said...

I agree! I don't want to see that picture anymore either!!!

Candice said...

maybe i should be like Allyson

Candice said...

and post.....

Candice said...

every

Candice said...

word

Candice said...

as

Candice said...

a

Candice said...

different

Candice said...

line

Candice said...

I think that I should win a prize for mine!

Candice said...

Did i win???????

Unknown said...

You guys are crazy. I open up my blog and see 40 comments and know it has to be Ally before I even look.

I used listen to my messages it would say you have 17 new message after us being gone for two hours and knew exactly who it was.

And now you Candi! :)

Allyson said...

Seriously, NEW PICTURE PLEASE!

Allyson said...

Remember when I was gone for like 2 weeks in july and left my toilet picture on the top of my blog? LOL, that was funny.

I never do LOL or anything like that. It felt kind of weird.

The Acosta Family said...

I remember that Allyson. That was uncomfortable. Seriously Farrah, post anything just to move De La Hoya down.