Okay, I said I was going to do a countdown to Matt's birthday, and I stopped part way through. I am not going to even try to give any excuses, but here is Matthew's birthday post.
Today is my sweet baby's birthday. I get emotional just writing that. This year has truly been a whirlwind and I can't believe we have already had Matt with us for a year. He has been a wonderful blessing and brought more happiness to all of our lives than we could have ever imagined.
Things Matt has taught us:
- having more than one child is a lot of fun
- it isn't so bad having an almost five year difference between siblings
- boys rule
- baby #2 is much more laid back than baby #1
- baby #2 causes parents to be much more laid back
- some kids CAN and DO poop 7 times a day
- our hearts are able to hold a lot more love than we thought
- teeth hurt when they come in
- baby giggles make everyone happy
- you CAN love another child just as much as the first
- saying "no" in even the kindest, sweetest voice doesn't make it any easier to hear
- having a "daddy's boy" is more fun than having a "mama's boy"
- he is going to be smarter than us someday soon, so we are enjoying the superiority while we can
- even the sweetest kid can stink up a room
- we make really cute kids- we now know it wasn't just a fluke with the first one
Here is a montage of some pictures of Matt over the last year.
7 comments:
Very cute and sweet. I can't wait till you come here.
Today someone asked me how old Addy was and I said she just turned 10 months. My friend looked at me and said, wasn't she born in November? I freaked out. She just turned 11 months. Time goes by too fast with babies.
I just showed Addy the video. She laughed and clapped the whole way through.
Matty is the sweetest baby I've ever met. I love just being around him!
Nana
You still manage to make the cutest posts even with everything you have going on. I love the song, and only wish there were even more pictures. Matt is soooo cute!! Yours is a family well deserving of a tribute.
How sweet~ You are such a great mom! I almost became emotional watching that...Time just goes so fast!
Very Sweet, You do have adorable boys. I can't believe how time flies.
So cute!
Post a Comment