Monday, November 26, 2007

I am procrastinating

Do you ever find every other possible thing to do except the things you should be doing?

That is what I am doing right now. I should be working. I NEED to be working. If not working, I should be cleaning. Neither of those things sound very fun to me, so this is how I have been wasting my time over the last hour:

  • putting up Christmas decorations
  • laying on the couch watching basketball with Bart
  • making a 15 minute trip to Target at 10 p.m.
  • reading everyone 's blogs
  • checking my email
  • staring blankly at my Christmas tree that doesn't have lights on it
  • wondering why I haven't talked to Tonia today. Where are you T?
  • writing a stupid, boring post
  • taking my hair down and putting it back up in a ponytail ten times
  • looking at my wreaths I hung up outside to see if they have fallen down again for the fourth time
  • looking through my caller id to see who called me today

Can anyone give me anything else good to do to help me procrastinate some more? While I am waiting for you, I am off to youtube.

11 comments:

Clinesville said...

my life is all about procrastinating! In fact I'm doing it right now.

Amber said...

I love procrastinating! I haven't picked up/cleaned my bedroom in forever it seems like, but no one else sees it, so I always find something else to do. I haven't started my x-mas cards yet

Megan said...

Bed?? Sleep?? :)

diana said...

You should spend your time watching mindless sitcoms..that's what I do best!

Amber said...

Yes, I watch that dumb show "the hills" Not really sure why it is so fascinating but it definitely is for procrastinators. I found another way today to procrastinate from cleaning my room and doing laundry. I'm cleaning out my cabinets and rearranging. Why? I don't know...

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone.

Megan, if I went to sleep that would just mean defeat for me. It would mean I couldn't come up with something good to do. :)

Amber, I was just starting to do dishes and I opened one of my kitchen drawers and told, "Hmmm, I need to clean this out."

Diana- which mindless sitcoms do you suggest?

Allyson said...

I have SERIOUS procrastination issues. The computer is my #1 time waster, followed closely by checking my doors and windows to make sure they are locked. Over and over and over again.

Clinesville said...

Allyson, are you seriously O.C?

The Acosta Family said...

I procrastinated all last week and did no work pretty much. Right now I need to get in the shower and go to an estimate, but I really don't want to. That is why I am commenting. I like the idea of re-arranging your cabinets. I too need to send my Christmas cards. Not ready to do that yet. I need to open the mail and start paying some bills. Not ready to do that yet either. I like to watch mindless sitcoms too. Tonight Til Death (with that guy from Everybody loves Raymond) is on at like 7:30pm. Then before that is Back to You. It is a new show with Kramer from Cheers on it and Raymond's wife. Pointless, but funny. Makes me laugh anyway.

Allyson said...

Mmmmm....yes. But not as bad as I used to be.

diana said...

Oh Farrah, now that is a good question. My mindless sitcoms depend on the day, yes I have something pretty much everyday. Monday, Two and a half men and Rules of engagement. Tuesday is the biggest loser. Wednesday is American's next top model, and Thursday is my name is Earl, the office and scrubs...LOVES IT.