Tuesday, November 27, 2007

In the news

If I ever need it, I know where to not have brain surgery:

Rhode Island Hospital has been fined $50,000 and reprimanded by the state Department of Health after its third instance this year of a doctor performing brain surgery in the wrong side of a patient's head. Read whole story here

I finally found the perfect Christmas gift for my dad. Dad if you are reading, please act surprised when you open it. If you too want to buy one for yourself or that oh so hard to buy for person in your life, go here.


Oh, and I found another great way to procrastinate. Go here to play Presidential Pong. How fun, you get to be your favorite presidential candidate and can try to beat your least favorite. Who is my favorite you ask? I'm not telling just yet. I sense more political blog posts in the future.

9 comments:

Allyson said...

Dad will love it. He can put it in the street and run over it.

So I forgot I asked you who you were voting for. I want to know, forgetting primarys and stuff, which potential candidate right now out of all of them would you like to see as President.

Anonymous said...

maybe for christmas i should get you a cute georgie doll. they have plenty of those where i live.

and honestly farrah-hillary? can you really like her?

Unknown said...

Ally- I have not yet even made it past thinking about the primaries. I am still undecided.

Kristy- Why do you think I like Hillary? And a better question is, why do you NOT like her?

The Acosta Family said...

I love it! She's a NUT cracker. That is great. I don't really like her, I think she tries to please the left and the right at the same time on too many issues. If I was voting democrat, maybe Edwards. I don't know. I really like John McCain, but I am sure he is not going to make it.

Ashley said...

I can't even think politics. My husband says it won't matter who I vote for because our state is always republican. I really need to start paying more attention because even if it doesn't matter much I am still voting.

Ashley said...

Remember Ann Richards??? She and Hilary were great friends! Trying to pass a law that young teenage girls can have an abortion at school without their parents knowledge. I am just saying....

Unknown said...

Kim- I am honestly wondering what is wrong with trying to play in the middle when it comes to politics? Isn't that a good thing? I don't really want a president who is so far right or left that they isolate the majority of the population.

Ashely- I am not sure about the abortion thing and Ann Richards-I don't remember that. I tried doing some research but honestly couldn't find anything, and you know how good I am with google. I did however find some of Hillary's more recent views on abortion: http://www.slate.com/id/2112712/

The Acosta Family said...

I have to admit that is a good point Farrah. That is why I like McCain. He is a moderate. I usually agree with him on the issues. Especially liked his stand on immigration and his answer on the debate-"We are all god's children." It apparently got a huge applause. I also liked Hillary's stance on immigration.

Unknown said...

Kim, I like Senator McCain also. He seems to be a really good guy and he is a moderate.