I am feeling pretty refreshed this Sunday, thanks to Bart who got me out of the house and away from work. Thank you honey for a great night.
Back on track, here are my confessions for this Sunday. Remember no judging:
- My very good friend Tonia was so sweet to watch my children Friday night while Bart and I got away. It was also a chance for me to cut the morning nursing off of Matt's schedule. He did great and didn't need that morning feeding on Saturday. This morning, well, he screamed for about an hour straight because he wanted to nurse. Bart tried his hardest to calm him down but it didn't work. I than tried and all he did was attempt to tear my clothes off. I gave in and nursed him. Anyone out there want to give me some pointers?
- I hurt a good friend of mine this weekend. I wish things could be different between us.
- I took a two hour nap today and woke up drooling. I was out!
- I haven't changed Gabe's sheets in about a month. I think I will do that tomorrow. Good thing he switches between sleeping on his top and bottom bunk. By my calculations, that means I have really only gone two weeks.
- I finally listened to my messages yesterday. I had 26.
Let's hear it. What do you need to get off your chest?
10 comments:
Sorry - no nursing tips. I had to wean Katie at 9 1/2 months (bad thrush on me!) and she had no problems with giving it up. She didn't even want a bottle and went straight to a sippy. It was easy. Sorry that it's not for you.
*I've eaten more Halloween candy than my kids have. Good thing it's almost gone!
*I was a grump yesterday. I read all night Friday night and didn't get to sleep in as much as I wanted to on Saturday, so I was a grump, most of the day - mostly to James. I feel bad.
*For dinner tonight, James ate sushi, the kids had waffles, and I had strawberry shortcake. I don't like planning meals on Sundays, probably since we get home from church at like 5:15pm. So it's kind of a free for all.
I am right with you Megan on the Halloween candy. Curse that heathen holiday.
I yelled at my kids too much this weekend.
I ate 2 hotdogs for dinner tonight and I would really like to go throw them up right now.
I haven't gone to a WW meeting for almost 2 months. Reason: I don't want to face the scale.
The book I am reading for book club is a true story about a pioneer woman who became a doctor. I am having a hard time with it. Her husband has 4 wives and it gives excerpts from her journal. I am really having a tough time with it and thinking I don't know what I would have done if I lived back then. She calls them her sister-wives.
I just took the last part off of my paragraph. I said what I would have called them. Even though we aren't judging here, I thought I should remove it. It being Sunday and all.
I have been bartering renting a house for another year for some new living room furniture. I feel bad a bit because I made my hubby buy me a new bedroom set in May for agreeing to move to Idaho.
I met up with a "blogging friend." We met online and realized we lived near each other. It went well. My husband was not too happy. He just kept saying,"I hope we see you again."
Other than that I think I have been a pretty good girl.
*2 of my 4 children have been sick this weekend and the oldest still has a bad rash, but I am really thinking about sending him to school.
*All I really wanted to do today is have a chicken sandwich from Braums.
*I am nervous about mine and Farrahs show, because I am afraid none of my stuff will sell.
*I feel bad for keeping my friend out late tonight-I talk too much!
(I don't need people agreeing with me on the talking too much part; yes we all know I can carry on and on and on)
*I really want to go to Farrah and Coren's show but it is just way to far for a week day night. Why can't they do a show here in Fort Worth. I could host it at my house and I am sure I could get a good turn out. What do ya think?
*I was so nervous to teach my sunday school lesson this sunday because my in laws were visiting. I seriously thought about calling a substitute. In the end I am glad I did it because it turned out to be one of the best lessons I have ever taught.
*I am really glad our visitors are gone, even though we enjoyed having them here.
*I have a pass to the gym. It is a 2 min drive from my house and I have only been 2 times in 3 months. Hopefully my friend Katie and I are going to start trading off TODAY!
*Our lesson in church yesterday was about the "Love of money being the root of all evil" and "how we can't take any material thing with us after we die" I am really struggling with being better at this.
Also I have no nursing tips cause Emma weaned herself at a year and Spencer earlier because he got really sick. But my advise would be "it is ok to keep nursing if he wants to and don't stress about it. He will quit eventually" I have never seen a grown man want to nurse! HA!
Megan- you are pregnant so you have an excuse for eating all the candy.
Ally- you should have left whatever you were going to say. I can't read books like that
Ashley- Nice way to get new furniture! You deserve something major for moving to IDAHO!
Coren- I am nervous too. You are much more prepared than I am
Kathy- doesn't the gym have babysitting? Join a gym that does. It is the best thing in the world! I am even contemplating taking a shower there so I can do it in peace
Kathy, I am sure there are plenty of grown men who would like to nurse.
Farrah, I like how you said Megan had an excuse to eat the Halloween candy but not me.
No, I'm not pregnant.
Coren and Farrah, I am not going to tell you not to worry because I think that is just natural. But I will say that I don't think you need to worry. I think you will do just fine. Coren all your stuff you posted is beautiful.
I think Kristy is being a blogging snob. I asked her yesterday where she has been and she said she didn't turn her computer on at all last week.
*Well I joined the rec center cause it was only $25 a year. No daycare. But my friend Katie joined another gym for $75 for 3 months and it has daycare. I think I will go to that one instead.
* You did not respond to having a sale/show over here in Ft Worth. Maybe see how your show does over there in your neck of the woods. Good luck.
Hey Farrah, This is kind of late. I just started swimming at 24 hour fitness. Then I take a shower there. I am already wet, and it is easier than trying to take Joey home and take one. I think you should take one there. I don't like getting dressed out in the open, but I just use a dry shower stall and get dressed in there.
Post a Comment