Monday, December 03, 2007

Favorite Christmas Movies

I wanted to share my top three Christmas movies. Here are Casa de Maldonado we watch all three of these every year.


#3 It's a Wonderful Life

I love this movie. It is a perfect, classic, feel good Christmas movie. I suggest watching it while snuggled up with your significant other under the lights of the Christmas tree.
I couldn't find my favorite scene on youtube but here is the dialogue:

George: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I'll take it. Then what?
George: Well, then you could swallow it, and it'd all dissolve, see? And the moonbeams'd shoot out of your fingers and your toes, and the ends of your hair... Am I talking too much?


#2 Elf
This has got to be the best Christmas movie to come out in a long time. And it is definitely my #2 favorite Christmas movie. I laugh out loud throughout the entire thing. This is a movie we watch as a family. Here is one of my favorite scenes:



#1
National Lampoon's
Christmas Vacation
And finally, no Christmas would be complete without watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. This is probably one of the funniest movies ever made. I couldn't pick out my favorite scene, there are too many to choose from, so here is the trailer. I suggest you rent it and watch it this Christmas, not with your young children though.

19 comments:

Allyson said...

Farrah!!! Those are my favorite Christmas movies in the exact same order. My kids love Elf too. We will have to watch it when you come. And of course, we grew up watching NL Christmas. We can probably all quote it.

"Grace, she's been dead for over 30 years now"

"They want you to say grace. THE BLESSING!"

Kathy said...

How fun. I have never seen ELF but Steve said he has it recorded in the computer I am going to watch it today.

Allyson said...

Kathy, it is so funny. You will love it. Put the kids down for a nap, get yourself a bowl of spaghetti and maple syrup and watch the movie.

Anonymous said...

Those are great movies.I can remember Bart, Dandy, and I watching " It's a Wonderful Life" over and over. Bart got to where he could say it line by line, that was annoying. I didn't like it when they colorized it. Did you?

My all time favorite "Christmas Carol" the one with George C. Scott; however, I like the 1940"s black and white one too.-Nana

The Reeses said...

Elf? Really?

The Reeses said...

maybe i need to watch it again

Sweet Papery said...

Kristy, you don't like ELF! I think we probably watch it two or three times during the holidas. It is HILARIOUS!

And Kathy you need to watch it.

Nana- Bart can be really annoying, huh? Just kidding. And I do not like the colorized version.

Ally- Yes, I can quote most of that movie.

Allyson said...

KRISTY! Watch it again.

What is wrong with you?

Anonymous said...

THAT THERE CLARK IS AN RRRRV, BUT DONT GET TO ATTACHED TO IT BECAUSE WERE TAKING IT WITH US WHEN WE LEAVE NEXT MONTH.

Unknown said...

Dad- everytime I watch that movie I think of you.

Allyson said...

I know, me too. He reminds me so much of Eddie (the brother-in-law).

Anonymous said...

That movie is the BEST!! Huh? Why I don't own it? Maybe i I should buy scott it for his bday so I can watch it. It seriously cracks me up!!!

Allyson said...

I'm tellin Scott you bought it for him just so you could watch it.

Allyson said...

I keep watching the Elf clip and it cracks me up every time. I can't wait to watch the whole thing.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

What about A Christmas Story with Ralfe??

Megan said...

I like all the Christmas specials on TV - we watched Shrek and the Grinch last Wednesday night, I think there's a couple more on tonight. I also love Polar Express - what a great movie. I love White Christmas too.

Anonymous said...

Farrah , I am amazed at how your heading looks it is so well done and I know it was done without much effort from you , creativity flows from your pores ,it make me realize how talented you are and it makes me wonder are you the most talented of my daughters ? hmmmmmmm..... love dad

Ashley said...

I am late as always, but awesome choices!!

Allyson said...

DAD! RUDE! I told you on my blog that you didn't need to question it. I am your most talented daughter.