Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday Confessions

Good evening my loyal readers. Can you believe it is Sunday again already? I know you wait anxiously all week to see what I will confess; so I don't want to keep you waiting any longer.

  • I have had 19 unique visitors today and 52 page views. That means that some of you have checked my blog multiple times to see if I have posted anything yet. Don't worry I don't know who you are. I just know I feel oh so loved.

  • I received an award this week from my friend Ashley. Ashley used to live here and I didn't know she was so interesting until she moved away and I started reading her blog. I think we might have been great friends because she says such nice things about me. :)

  • Speaking of friends....I have neglected mine this week. I haven't seen my girls at all- that is how busy I have been. I miss you and you know who you are.
  • We got our Christmas tree on Monday and finally decorated it today. How sad is that? I have been wanting to do it and no one would help me. Growing up, decorating the tree was so much fun and was a huge event. Finally Bart helped me today and Gabe put his Star Wars ornaments on and than snuck(what is the correct word to use here?) off to play in his room. Matthew just pulled everything off that he could reach. I think I will do it by myself next year.

  • I wish I had eyelashes like my son's

  • This is Gabe's principal and vice principal. Gabe won a special award this week and was presented it during an end of six weeks pep rally for the entire school. Although it was only an elementary school pep rally, it made me miss all those pep rallies from high school. I loved being up in front of the crowd, hearing all the cheering and screaming, feeling the excitement. Those were the days. I haven't thought about pep rallies in a VERY long time and honestly it was one of the first times I missed high school in 12 years.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah I am the first this time! I don't know why it is so exciting to be the first but it just makes me feel special.
Well here we go!
My husband & I decided that we were only going to invite family to Emma's birthday party this year and I invited 4 of her church friends. He was really upset (he does not like large crowds).
I am so glad the camera my hubby bought me was not working cause I really did not like it. I was glad to take it back & pick out one I liked better.
My hubby had a fender bender last week and we are sharing my van.........I want it back. It is hard to be stuck at home everyday with no car.
Sometimes I feel like such a hypocrite (sp?) the things I teach in Sunday school are invariably the things I am tested on during the week.

Clinesville said...

~I really, really like losing weight and looking good in clothes again...Sometime I worry that I am so very, very vain (I know I am a little vain, I do like to look nice)
~I really want to go to the Michael B. concert but I am afraid if I don't purchase the tickets myself G will forget to (I want it to be a Christmas gift) and then come March, I'll be out of luck.
~I feel so overwhelmed lately. There is just so much to do and so little time.

Clinesville said...

One more thing- Gordon and I decided to get smaller tree this year and I HATE IT!!! It's just not as wonderful.

Allyson said...

Farrah, I miss pep rallys too. What a fun memory.

It looks like Gabe has fun principals.

We went to the Christmas Devotional last night in the conference center and I fell asleep when Pres. Monson was talking.

I am jealous that Coren is losing weight. Cause I'm not.

I know what my husband got me for Christmas cause I saw it in the back seat of his truck. I am so excited I want it now.

The Reeses said...

ally what are you doing snooping? Doesn't it make you sad that you already know?

Scott and I recently bought a new matress, bed, tickets to utah, and this week we are getting a video camera and so we decided to have a fun challenge of only spending 5 dollars on each other for Christmas-so i keep buying myself stuff when i am shopping for other people-cause i know scott aint getting it for me. I am so bad.
It kinda defeats the fun $5 challenge.

I have been keeping a secret for the past month or so and it has been so hard. Today is the day to let it out. Yeah!

Clinesville said...

Are you pregers?

Allyson said...

Kristy! I just looked at your blog! Congratulations. I wan't snooping, he just is a bad hider. And I already knew because I told him what to get. You think he could get me something good on his own?

Unknown said...

Ally- I would be sad to know my present and actually if I did find it out Bart would take it back and get me something else. He likes me to be surprised.

YAHOO Kristy is pregnant. :)

Kathy- It sucks only having one car. We did that for two weeks once and it was not fun

Coren- Let's just ourselves tickets and let our husband's get us something else for Christmas. What do you say?

Megan said...

*I have had family in town all weekend and have gotten NOTHING accomplished. Granted, I was babysitting so they could house shop, so I've had double the kids, but still have accomplished nothing!

*It rained all weekend but I still nagged my husband to get the Christmas lights up outside and he didn't do it. I'm so tempted to hire someone just to do it, but I really would like it if he would just do it himself.

*I have a lock on my pantry so my kids can't get into it. My 2.5 year old gets so mad when she trieds to open it and it's locked. But it has saved me from many messes on her part.

*I feel completely distracted from my life. I'm not sure why, maybe having company, or maybe the holidays, but I just can't focus on anything. Even blogging.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the plug!

-The Home Enrichment person in my ward asked me to make Christmas treats for our activity. Seriously maybe I put out the wrong vibe, I don't BAKE.

-I think I might hit the next person who makes a comment about my daughter STILL wearing diapers. She is tall but will not be three til the end of January, I am working on it people! She just refuses and I refuse to keep buying new underwear and cleaning up messes.

- I am going to Vegas this weekend, but I will not be blogging why. Let's just say my husband bought tickets to a show he thought I would want to see...I do NOT know why he thought I would want to see it. I am taking advantage though, I want to see the rest of Vegas I have not been there since I was 11.

-My tree only has lights on it. I had a practice run with plastic ornaments to test little hands. They failed! I am not sure I want to risk destroying all my ornaments this year. We will see!

Allyson said...

Megan, thanks for the great idea. I am going to have to include a lock on my pantry in my new house.

Ashely, I am so glad I am not the only one who doesn't bake. My husband thinks it is sad because my kids think that the way you make cookies is by scooping dough out of a container, or better yet, breaking it apart in little squares.