Friday, December 07, 2007

This is 3 a.m. Farrah- have you ever seen her?

Hi! It's 3 in the morning.

I just got back from the post office.

Am I crazy for going to the post office at 2 a.m.? The answer is no. I would rather deal with whatever psychos are out there that might try to kill me than stand in line with a one year old for 40+ minutes.

Just so you know, for all those who are concerned about my safety, I didn't go by myself. Thanks to the fearless Tonia for watching my back. That is what I call a great friend.

While we were there, some weird man came in to get his mail out of his PO Box. What kind of weirdos go to the post office at that time? Oh, wait. ME.

By the way, I just googled "crazy scary man" to try to find an image to go on this post and this was one of the first images to come up. I laughed out loud. Please someone else tell me that it is funny or is it just that I am tired?

17 comments:

Clinesville said...

I can't believe you girls did that! I think that face is a little funny...I am sure you were punch drunk. GET SOME SLEEP!!!!

Sweet Papery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

HEy! I was up at 3 in the morning too! I wasn't leaving the house though. I have sick kids. Darcy hasn't kept anything down for almost 12 hours now. Not even water. When should I be really worried?

Amber said...

Oh, and Farrah, I think your red eyes have to do with no sleep. I don't think it was pink eye...yet.

Sweet Papery said...

I wasn't laughing because of the actual image, I was laughing because Dick Cheaney's picture came up under "crazy scary man" like he is the defintion of it. Oh, and that one was not the only one.

Clinesville said...

Okay, I thought you thought it was funny that they made the picture of Dick Scary.

Megan said...

I don't know how you function during the day on such little sleep, but I do agree with you abt going to the post office alone.

Do you not print postage at home? You can super easy through Paypal, I know if you go through USPS site you pretty much have to do it via Priority mail...maybe that's why you go at 3am. But if you have just (1) priority package out of everything you ship, they will pick it up at your house! There's also stamps.com.

My favorite time to go is when it's CLOSED too, if I have too! :) Especially this time of the year!

Unknown said...

Megan,

Help me here! I would love to print postage off of paypal, but my packages are so small that the page is too big to fit on it. I haven't figured out a way to make the postage sheet smaller. Do you know if you can?

By the way, did you get your stamp?

Megan said...

ohhhh....good point abt the paper that prints. I didn't think about that. Have you looked into stamps.com? I think it's the same idea and you can get a free trial kit to try it out. Maybe their labels are smaller!

I did get the stamp - very cute. Can't wait to give it away! I was wishing I'd ordered a holiday one for me when I was doing my Christmas cards! Next year! :)

Allyson said...

You are insane Farrah!

That picture was funny, not the picture, the...you know what I mean. Is it supposed to be one of those things where there is a hidden picture inside the real one? That's what it looks like.

Coren, did you miss the punch drunk lesson?

Amber, my doctor always tells me to check their tongue and if it is dry they are dehydrated.

Farrah, if all your packages weigh about the same I am sure you can pre buy the postage. But then I don;t know for sure

Tonia, the mommy, I don't know you but whenever I see your name that is what comes to mind, thanks for watching out for her.

Unknown said...

Amber- I am so sorry Darcy is sick. Someone, I don't remember who, told me to give kids sick like that a teaspoon of water every 10 minutes. You can use a medicine dropper. They told me it is as good as them getting an IV at the hospital.

Ally- my packages don't weigh the same. Plus I have lots of international orders that you HAVE to go to the post office to mail. I figure if I have to go I might as well take all of my packages at once.

Anonymous said...

Is the post office bigger and better in Texas?

The Acosta Family said...

Can't you just go to USPS.gov and print postage from there using your credit card? Then, you just put it out with your mail and the mailman takes it.

The Acosta Family said...

Ok, so I posted and then realize read the comments. I just read Megan's comment about USPS.gov. Ignore me.

Kathy said...

Ok Farrah don't you have time for your fans?

The Acosta Family said...

I'd like to see a post from 3am Farrah! Or are u going out of town today?

The Acosta Family said...

Maybe you are already gone?