Saturday, January 05, 2008

Joys of Motherhood

Is anyone else ready for their kids to go back to school? School starts on Monday, thank goodness. I really love Gabe and in fact, we spent the afternoon together today by ourselves and it was great.

It is on those weekdays, when he is supposed to be in school that are starting to make me a little crazy. Monday can't come soon enough!

As a mother, here are some of the joys of my everyday life.
  1. I never shower alone anymore. I have two choices. Either Matt is banging and screaming at the door or he is naked sitting at my feet in the shower playing quietly. I normally choose the second option. At least I can shower in peace if not alone.
  2. I wake up startled each morning by cold feet being put on my warm body. Gabe is awake and it must be time to drag myself out of bed.
  3. I can't do anything at the computer without Matt pulling on me or Gabe climbing my desk and asking me non stop if he can play a game.
  4. Food on clothing is my new fashion statement. My friends are always picking things off the back of my shoulders. I know I didn't get it there.
  5. Wiping snot with my hands is not as disgusting as I used to think it was.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep-that sounds about right

Lindsey said...

I think you have just described my life - except it's not Emily that wants to be in the shower, it's Annie. She gets herself naked and if she doesn't get to come in she is playing hide and seek with the curtain pushing the COLD vinyl piece onto my legs. Oh, the joys! :)

Clinesville said...

I don't know what I am going to do this summer- is too early for my kid's to get job's?!

Alicia said...

Maren added a new element to our showers this week...poops!! What a great way to end and then begin another shower.

Amber said...

Number 3 totally applies to me also...Darcy always asking to play a game and Zachary is trying to grab the mouse and chew on the corner of the desk. Guess it could be worse...

Allyson said...

Thankfully my children went back last Wednesday.

I always have snot or food or something on the back of my shoulder too.

Unknown said...

Hi Lindsey! So good to see you. Oh, I love the cold vinyl on legs. It hurts just thinking about it.

Coren- that is a great idea. I never thought of that

Alicia- good to see you too! That made me laugh!

Hi Amber- everything could always be worse, right?

Ally- why is it that your children already went back before ours. I thought you never had school up there.