Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My shallow happiness

True happiness, I know, comes from my family, my beliefs, etc, etc, blah..........Blah...................BLAH! Although it is true, who wants to read about that here? Boring.

So, here are a few shallow things that make me happy. Judge all you want.
  1. My new purse. I love the way it feels and smells. Walk into my house or peek at me while driving and you might find me sitting petting or smelling it.
  2. Waiting for and having the perfect moment to get revenge
  3. Sleeping in
  4. Going shopping (I know one of my resolutions is to shop LESS. Doesn't mean it still can't make me happy)
  5. 9:00 p.m.- my kids are in bed and it is quiet
  6. The first part of American Idol. This is the only part I ever watch. I love seeing the people who think they can sing get torn apart by the judges
  7. Eating at really nice restaurants and staying a 4+ star hotels
  8. Don't tell my husband, but I am kind of glad the Cowboys lost and aren't going to the Superbowl. My birthday is on Superbowl Sunday and I didn't want to have to share it with them. That makes me happy.

8 comments:

Allyson said...

So maybe you won't have to share your birthday with the boys, but I'm sorry, have you ever met your husband? You think he's not gonna watch the superbowl?

Megan said...

I always share my bday with the Rose Bowl - doesn't seem to matter who's playing. It happened again this year. I would be happy to have a bday NOT on a holiday, not so close to Christmas (people always forget!), and not with the Rose Bowl. As I get older, those things are less important....and I don't really want to have any more bdays, but I know how you feel.

LOL abt your new purse. I'm glad you love it so much. What a nice gift that someone who knows you well picked out and I'm sure they are thrilled you love it!

Clinesville said...

I think this is why we are friends!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

So many of the things that are your shallow happiness are mine too! Wow were like totally shallow together! I love your purse more than mine though.

Ashley said...

Check, check, check, and check! Hhhhhmmmmm...I never thought I was shallow.

Truegrit said...

I agree that you are shallow..., here is my list:

1. Needlepoint canvases, love them! I can't sew fast enough to get them all done and Dandy is going to chop my fingers off if I don't finish hers this year.

2. Books. I love books, new books, not used books. I love the smell of them and that the spines haven't been broken. And you wonder why Bart is so weird.., just look to his family.

3. Shoesssss! I can't ever have enough shoes, although I haven't bought any in a while.., I think it was September. But I've loved shoes since I was about 3 yrs old.

4. Make up.., I've decided to go organic and I bought Origins this week. Now I need to go back and buy some more.

Unknown said...

Thanks for everyone who shares in my shallowness.

Patty, where is your blog? You should have one.

Kathy said...

We want a picture of your new purse. I will have to admit I have an obsession with bags of any sort.