Thursday, February 28, 2008

Only 4 weeks

Yesterday Gabe and I were having a discussion in the car that went something like this:

Me: "Gabe, I was thinking of giving you an allowance if you do your chores without complaining every day. Each week I will give you a $5.00. That way you can save up your money and buy whatever you want."
Gabe: "Yes! I only have to do chores for 4 weeks!"
Me: "Why do you say that?"
Gabe: "Well, there is this toy I want and it cost $20, so I only have to do my chores for 4 weeks and than I will have enough money to buy it!"

22 comments:

Truegrit said...

I love that boy!

Allyson said...

Tell him he has to do them for 5 weeks because he has to pay tax. Or just ask aunt Patty for enough money to cover it. She is his favorite aunt.

Unknown said...

Yeah, he would probably do the chores for two weeks and stop because he is LAZY and than just ask Patty for the rest of the money.

Clinesville said...

Maybe you should pay him less so you can get more stuff cleaned.

Megan said...

What a smart boy!!

Ashley said...

Kids are just to dang smart!

Clinesville said...

Congrats on your baby Megan!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Megan! It is good to see you. Carson is super cute!

Coren- I like the idea of paying him less, but I already told him I would do $5. What do I do now?

He is smart and I don't know where he gets this ability to add so well. It is not from Bart or me.

Allyson said...

Megan! Didn't you just have a baby? Are there pics on your blog? I will have to go see!

Clinesville said...

Tell him that his Dad said he only can earn $2...always blame it on the Dad.

Anonymous said...

Coren-that is not nice.

what a smart boy. I think he gets his smarts from his aunt kristy. There will always be something more he wants so he will want to do chores again. Once you have buying power, you want and crave more buying power.

Clinesville said...

Listen Kristy, I've got 4 kids...I don't have time to be "nice"!

Allyson said...

Yeah, Gabe learned about money from Kristy?????

Truegrit said...

Allyson, you speak the truth!

Farrah, Let me know what toy my baby wants and I'll pick it up for him. He too young to be worrying about money, that's my job. He just needs to have a little spending money in his pocket.

The Acosta Family said...

That sounds like something Priscila would say and do!

Adrienne said...

First, that is a very smart boy but then my mom said he would be a genius when he was born.

An allowance???? What's that???Did Bart tell you we didn't get an allowance. Chores were apart of becoming a responsible adult. No money for good grades either. Geez, what a hard life we led --- AND we walked in the non-existant snow. Any comments, Nana?

Kristy, Allyson, and Patty, I leave the field to you. It's too expensive. I have instead decided to be the aunt that encourages education and politics. I can see the controversy now :) A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Patty, we need to discuss your spending habits and retirement that I will work a different niche, I will be the aunt who plans :)

Anonymous said...

Adrienne-

Man, was I the mean mom or what? I must agree, you do chores without payment. Good grades were expected. You did have an aunt Patty, and she was generous then too! Popo and Memo were generous too. Gabe is very smart. Maybe he could ask if he does a special chore he could get some kind of payment. Is he good with money? Perhaps he needs to earn money so that he can learn to tithe, and help pay for his mission.

Nana

Megan said...

Thanks you guys! I do have pics on my blog....hopefully more soon. He's a sweet little guy. I don't want him to get bigger!

Unknown said...

I said he would earn allowance if he did chores WITHOUT complaining. To me that is an extra chore. :)

Allyson said...

Adrienne,

When Gabe was here he told me he wants to be a republican when he grows up. You better get on the ball now.

Adrienne said...

Yeah, I've heard about his Star Wars confusion between Republic and Republican. Shouldn't be too hard to explain the difference. Fortunately, he lives in Dallas :)

Allyson said...

Ohhhh, so that's how they explained it to you :)