
Tomorrow is the big day. Things are so close on both sides and I am pretty excited to see what goes down. I know some of you will get to vote tomorrow, so just in case you need help deciding who to vote for, here are some interesting quotes from the candidates (in no particular order):
Mike Huckabee:
"When we were in college we used to take a popcorn popper -- because that was the only thing they would let us have in the dorms -- and fry squirrels in the popcorn popper."
Don't believe me? Watch the video here.
Mitt Romney: "My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."
Hillary Clinton: "We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
John McCain: "There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today." --prior to visiting a Baghdad market while being flanked by 22 soldiers, 10 armored Humvees, and two Apache attack helicopters
Barack Obama: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
Which is your favorite (quote, not candidate)?
Mike Huckabee:
"When we were in college we used to take a popcorn popper -- because that was the only thing they would let us have in the dorms -- and fry squirrels in the popcorn popper."
Don't believe me? Watch the video here.
Mitt Romney: "My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president."
Hillary Clinton: "We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
John McCain: "There are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today." --prior to visiting a Baghdad market while being flanked by 22 soldiers, 10 armored Humvees, and two Apache attack helicopters
Barack Obama: "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
Which is your favorite (quote, not candidate)?
8 comments:
I love the political process. I have XM radio and I'm listening to POTUS 08 every chance I get. I wonder if Rudy will let me sleep in my truck....
Those are hiliarious! We do vote today....
We are voting too. I like the "squirrel in a popcorn popper", although I am confused by it.
I am hooked on CNN today watching the results and the rally's. It will be very interesting to see how everything turns out.
It was so good to see you and your darling children a few weeks ago. You have such a cute family!
Those were good quotes. You are crazy. I am so sick today I can hardly stand up but I am going to drag myself out later to vote.
I love the mike huckabee quote, but not him. I am pleasantly suprised that McCain is doing so well.
Farah,
I've been wanting to call you and am glad your back. I want to visit, do you want to go to lunch?
J
I'd have to say that Hillary's comment is the most "political" of the group. But my vote has to go with the Huckabee quote. What the ?!! Who frys squirrels?!! What's that all about?
Also,
I am very excited to see who they finally choose as the candidates. I always wish we could live where actual campaigning takes place.
Post a Comment