Monday, March 31, 2008

This is a "poor me" post

So this is what I get. Very soon after I posted that nice little throw up video on my blog I came down with the same stomach virus poor Matthew had.

Only it mutated and left me throwing up more violently than he did. It is Monday and my rib cage is still hurting from the horrible possessed-like heaving I did. I have been in bed most of the time since late Friday afternoon. Today I am still dizzy and nauseous and can barely stand.

Matt fell and hit his head yesterday (maybe because he is dizzy from our illness) on our brick fireplace. He seemed okay at first. I picked him and and he started having a seizure. His eyes rolled in the back of his head, his body went stiff, he stopped breathing and turned blue. The paramedics came and took him to the hospital.

I got to ride up front in the ambulance and let me tell you how stupid people on the road are! Not only would did they not move out of the way, but often times they just slowed down right in front of us. Why are people so stupid? You see an ambulance coming with sirens blaring, GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Thankfully Matt is just fine and the CAT scan showed he had no trauma to the brain. I am very very grateful for this.

My cell phone has been lost for about 2 weeks now. Matt was playing with it and I am sure he threw it in the trash or somewhere just as bad. I have given up efforts to find it as I am sure it is long gone.

I feel better now. Tomorrow will be a better day and I promise a much happier and brighter post.

XOXO -Farrah

10 comments:

Ashley said...

How scary! The first time my little one had a seizure I was beyond freaked. I actually thought she was choking and started hitting her back, probably the worst thing I could have done. I am glad he is alright.

We had violent throwing up before Easter, I feel for you Sista! It wass the WORST.

Allyson said...

Farrah, I am so sorry you have had such a hard weekend. I am glad you are starting to feel better. And I am SO glad Matt is ok. Poor baby. Good luck with the cell phone.

Megan said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so glad Matt is okay! How scary. Wow.

I hope you feel better too - that your rib cage will stop hurting and you'll start feeling back to normal again!

Clinesville said...

Sounds like you need some of that yummy chocolate cheese cake thing from Affrah (sp ?).

Unknown said...

Coren-

I have been meaning to tell you this for a while now. Bart and I were at Sam's and were in the freezer section and lo and behold what do I see.... the exact chocolate cheesecake dessert from Arrfah's. Can you believe it?! We were tricked by a Sam's dessert.

Unknown said...

Oh, and thank you everyone. I appreciate your concern and your kind words. The dizzy thing is gone and I am really feeling much better.

Kathy said...

Oh man, that would have me freaking out! I am glad he is ok. The last time I was throwing up like that was when I was pregnant with Spencer, that is NOT fun. Sorry:(
And about the cell phone, make sure you cancel it, cause that happened to me, but someone found it & started using it & we ended up paying like $3oo bill before we knew what happened.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

I'm so sorry, man what a weekend. I'm glad Matt is okay.

diana said...

I'm sorry to hear about your little baby...I hope all you guys are doing better.

Amber said...

Oh my holy cow! I'm glad everything is okay now...Did you get any pics for the scrapbook?