Yesterday was April Fool's Day - one of my favorite holidays. Thankfully for you, my family and my friends, it came and went without any practical jokes from me. My two all time favorite pranks I have played are:
#2 Carmel covered onions for my roommates in college
#1 The marriage prank I played on my mom. I started working on her months in advance for that April Fool's joke. It was a massive undertaking and goes down in history as one of the greatest ever. I will tell you about it some other time.
••••••••••••
Matthew (1 year old) has discovered how to make himself throw up. He sticks his fingers down his throat when he is mad. Lovely. He has a temper and I am not sure where that comes from.....
••••••••••••
Yesterday I was so frustrated with Gabe's (6 year old) smart mouth that I threatened to duct tape it closed. I told my mother in law this and I hope she knows I would never really do that.
••••••••••••
My sweet husband came home to complete disaster, chaos and a frazzled wife yesterday. He was kind enough to force me out the door to get away by myself and cool off. He is a fabulously patient man and I am grateful he keeps me sane.
••••••••••••
I bought this oil cloth splat mat for under Matt's highchair because he is the messiest eater and enjoys throwing food on the ground.
I can't wait to get it. It is from Modern June.
••••••••••••
Yesterday, I finally packaged the baby gifts, birthday gifts, and housewarming gifts I have had sitting around for a few weeks now. I just have to get them in the mail. Hopefully that won't take me weeks.
••••••••••••
I am obsessed with getting things for free at CVS. It would take me too long to post how or what so go to my friend Megan's blog to see more.
••••••••••••
I am glad it is Wednesday. It is one of my favorite days of the week.

13 comments:
Farrah,
I know that you would never duct tape Gabe's mouth.
I love the idea of oil cloth. I looked on this site and really liked the idea of an oil cloth apron. I often wonder why we don't see more oil cloth like they had in the 50's and 60's. Just wipe off.
APRIL FOOL'S DAY
I once pranked, when I worked at Pier 1. I was on the other phone in the store, and had the sales associate and manager tell me all the different candles they had,and sizes, and prices. They took them down and put them on the counter. I then asked them what they were wearing. They didn't think that it was funny, but later laughed when they thought about it! I don't know was that too mean?
Nana
Why is Wednesday one of your favorite days?
I love April fools day pranks...I should restate that, I love being the one that plays the April fools day jokes.
I love the oil cloth, I think you will get a lot of use out of that.
I will never forget your April Fools joke either. Your poor mom. She was so worried about Bart! It was cute.
I had my first baby on April Fools Day - so it will always be a holiday in our house!
I'm obsessed with CVS too. I hate paying money there. I try not to get too crazy and only "buy" things we will really use. But it's tempting to try it all!
I totally missed april fools day this week-darn.
Farrah, I thought about you yesterday, as I do every April Fool's day. I almost did a post about your April Fool's joke on mom. You way played it down in this post. People, It was the ALL TIME BEST APRIL FOOLS JOKE. It was mean however and my mother almost had a nervous breakdown and it took her months, literally, to recover. Ahhh, the good old days.
As for Matt's temper and throwing up on demand to get attention, I can tell you exactly where he gets it from. Sorry, but you know it's true.
We should lock Emily and Gabe in a room together for a few hours and see if either makes it out alive.
I am so going to get a splat mat. Addy makes a huge mess too. I used to have one when Zac was a baby and I loved it.
I hate coupons but I actually used coupons I printed out from Megans blog today at the grocery store. I am slowly moving over to the dark side.
Thanks for posting! I have been so bored lately.
Liz (aka Nana, Thanks for reassuring me. When you came over yesterday I was pretty much at the end of my rope. My house is spotless today, Matt is feeling better, and Gabe's punishment (did not include tape) is working, so I am feeling much much better about being a mom.
Also, I don't think that prank was mean. That was pretty funny to me!
Diana- the Wednesday being my favorite days stems from back when I was working full time. I loved Wednesday's because Monday and Tuesday always sucked. Than Wednesday meant they were over and I was half way to the weekend.
Coren- watch out! Next year I am going to play one on you!
Megan,
Yes, you were my side kick on that joke! I remember sitting at dinner trying to figure out exactly what I was going to say.
I wonder what Brad is up to these days.
Kristy- I am just so happy to see you!
Ally- I wish you could post the video of mom when I was telling her the whole thing on the phone.
Also, I am sure Gabe and Emily would make it out alive. Gabe LOVES Emily. It is funny how he talks about her. He would probably be quiet and listen to her.
And I know where Matt's temper comes from. I didn't want people to know. DARN IT!
OK, you were not there that night when mom was about to have a full blown panic attack. I WAS! And for months afterwards she was so confused because everything you had been telling her for months was a lie. She had no idea what was true and what wasn't. And I felt bad because I had lied to her too. "OH, yeah, Farrah and Brad came over tonight for dinner"....I spent the whole next month saying, "no mom, that really didn't happen either".
And I am sure they would make it out alive too. It would just be really loud in that room. They would both probably suffer some type of hearing loss.
Sorry I let the cat out of the bag.
Post a Comment